version 8 sti spoiler
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on version 8 sti spoiler within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i just bought one and went to sit it on my trunk so see if it was going to fit ...

version 8 sti spoiler

i just bought one and went to sit it on my trunk so see if it was going to fit right up and it didnt.... are the trunks tha same size? my wrx is an 02/03

i got the spoiler from spilercmart.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by sammyswrxsti View Post
    i just bought one and went to sit it on my trunk so see if it was going to fit right up and it didnt.... are the trunks tha same size? my wrx is an 02/03

i got the spoiler from spilercmart.com
    trunks will be the same size, are you trying to say the holes didn't match? Can you elaborate on "see if it was going to fit right up and it didn't" ? We can help you a little more if you give us some more detail.

sorry about this morning... i was in a great hurry...

Okay.. so i bought the spoiler from www.spoilersmart.com and it is a version 8 spoiler. It came with two peices that you screw onto the bottom of the bottom peice that sit onto the trunk lid. These two peices hace 3m tape on them but they make the spoiler rise about an inch and a half two high and there is a space that shouldnt be there... i think i can just take them off and then it would fit straight up. also.. what are the best ways to drill the holes for the spoiler. is it possible to put the steel cable through the version 8 as well?. what should i use to fill the oem holes? how many screws should i put in it?

what's the version 8 spoiler?

Quote Originally Posted by blownoffvalve View Post
    what's the version 8 spoiler?

its the version on the STi that are in america, the big square thing

i think the STi spolier has 12 screws in it i would make small pilot holes with a small drill bit, recheck the alignment of the wholes and the screws, then make the hole the correct size.
    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned.

Do nudists have nightmares of showing up to class fully clothed?

you bought a replica. Who knows what the dimensional tolerance between that and what the real thing is supposed to have. I would suggest you look for the Subaru manual that illustrates installation of the Sti rear deck spoiler and make a comparison.

imo, it may have been cheaper to do a trunk lid swap?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.