Got some new under-hood "Bling" items today. *PICS*

This is a discussion on Got some new under-hood "Bling" items today. *PICS* within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Well, I stoped over to see my good friend today, Tristan. A.K.A The King of Parts. I picked up some ...

Got some new under-hood "Bling" items today. *PICS*

Well, I stoped over to see my good friend today, Tristan. A.K.A The King of Parts. I picked up some new SPT peices today. I call them "cooling efficency" peices, or you can call them "bling". I got the SPT rad-shroud and Turbo heat-sield. I still have my trimmed stock turbo heat shield, and now the SPT one right over it for extra protection. Plus the SPT one goes under the I/C a bit to protect the under side from heat soak. Here are some pics. Let me know what you guys/gals think.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

+1 It looks good! Good job.
    -John
    Different Strokes
    Dirty Crew #2002
    Mods in profile.

Looks clean! I like the ball!
    My money pit

Quote Originally Posted by flabele View Post
    Looks clean! I like the ball!

Yeah, I was waiting for someone to comment on the tennis ball. My washer solvent cap was missing when I bought the car so I put that over the top. I never got around to buying a new one, besides that I came to like it on top of the tank. Give my car some distinction from the rest.

Next on my under-hood to-do list is to polish my intake manifold. But I am going to wait untill it's warm outside.

I Support ClubWRX
    Looks good, I had the APR carbon fiber air deflector on my 05. I actually noticed some lower rad temps, are you noticing anything with the SPT?

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

nice goodies
    Lokin&Tokin

2005 STi trunk + wing OBP 4 sale. pm me.

Nice stuff man.

Lol with the tennis ball dont yo uhate it how somtimes your temp fixes just become the permanet fix cause you end up kinda lieking it
    Tomorrow isn't a guarantee.

Quote Originally Posted by Newks View Post
    Nice stuff man.

Lol with the tennis ball dont yo uhate it how somtimes your temp fixes just become the permanet fix cause you end up kinda lieking it

Sad but ture. I just lowered my car today, so I will post some more pics tomorrow. Plus my rota's got shipped out today, and my lip kit will be finished paint on wed. Then I will put that on and add some more pics. I VERY EXCITE!!!!!1!!1!!!11
    '02 2.0l WRX, 237awhp, 236awtq. XPT Stage 2

Bugeye Mafia #117
    Modders Anonymous #17
    Wingless Alliance #17

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    Looks good, I had the APR carbon fiber air deflector on my 05. I actually noticed some lower rad temps, are you noticing anything with the SPT?
    I haven't noticed anything yet, it's still cool outside though. Also I don't have any guages to monitor that anyway. I'll have see in the summer time if the needle looks a bit lower. It's a real nice peice none the less. I went in for just the shield, but they sold me on completing the look, and adding the rad-shroud.

Bugeye Mafia #117
    Modders Anonymous #17
    Wingless Alliance #17

How is the fitment and quality of the h/s im looking to get one cuz my stock w rattles even w it cut. Also does it look like the h/s will work w a larger tmic?
    Thanks
    -Matt
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

looks good
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Quote Originally Posted by blackzwrx View Post
    I haven't noticed anything yet, it's still cool outside though. Also I don't have any guages to monitor that anyway. I'll have see in the summer time if the needle looks a bit lower. It's a real nice peice none the less. I went in for just the shield, but they sold me on completing the look, and adding the rad-shroud.
    Damn kid...you're going for broke. Lookin good though. I can't wait til I start blowing paychecks on some goodies...but the 07STI AP is next on the board for me, then the DP to complete my stage II. Hope I hit high 12s by then...

What springs did you get???
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

[QUOTE=Mikie13;1854154]Damn kid...you're going for broke. Lookin good though. I can't wait til I start blowing paychecks on some goodies...but the 07STI AP is next on the board for me, then the DP to complete my stage II. Hope I hit high 12s by then...

What springs did you get???[/QUOTE

Well right now I'm on dis-ability, so it all free money. I figure since it's free why not blow it all on my car. When I go back to work then I will start saving.

Going for broke, what do you mean??? In the past two weeks all I have bought for my car is: 4pc c-west lip kit, 4 18x8in rota p45f's in royal bronze, 4 235/40/18 dunlop fm109 tires, set of tein h-tech's, SPT rad shroud, SPT turbo heatsield, perrin drop in filter, perrin afta maf hose, hawk hps rear pads. Oh wait, I see what you mean now
    Last edited by blackzwrx; 03-13-2007 at 01:29 PM.

Bugeye Mafia #117
    Modders Anonymous #17
    Wingless Alliance #17

Quote Originally Posted by WRXcelration View Post
    How is the fitment and quality of the h/s im looking to get one cuz my stock w rattles even w it cut. Also does it look like the h/s will work w a larger tmic?
    Thanks
    -Matt
    Fits great Didn't you see the pic of the whole engine bay??? I am running an OEM sti I/C, I would consider that a larger one. The shield just goes under the tab for the I/C and then the bolt holds it down. It will fit with any TMIC I would believe. Any the quality is great.

Try to bend/pull apart your stocker so you can run two shields like me. Works great and keeps all warm air away from the I/C.

Bugeye Mafia #117
    Modders Anonymous #17
    Wingless Alliance #17