HOW TO - Paint Your Subaru Badge, Both the Stars and the Background! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on HOW TO - Paint Your Subaru Badge, Both the Stars and the Background! within the Exterior and Appearance forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Your car looks awesome! Thanks for the writeup....

Your car looks awesome! Thanks for the writeup.
    Hawk-Eye alliance #052

I'm also into photography!
    Check out my photos: My Flickr

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

06 trunk emblems are not bolted on. I saw my body shop put in my new trunk + sti wing and there was 2 holes where the badge was suppose to be. The badge itself plugs into those holes and has double side backing to stick onto the holes. The holes are there just to help you pin point where the badge is at.. You CAN remove this badge.

1) Pop open the trunk
    2) feel the inside of the trunk where the badge meets.. (you should feel 2 of the bolts)
    3) heat up the badge with hair dryer to loosen the tape
    4) push the bolts with one hand (be careful the trunk is VERY thin in that area..)
    and pull the badge with the other hand. This should do the trick..

Quote Originally Posted by vietpunk916 View Post
    06 trunk emblems are not bolted on. I saw my body shop put in my new trunk + sti wing and there was 2 holes where the badge was suppose to be. The badge itself plugs into those holes and has double side backing to stick onto the holes. The holes are there just to help you pin point where the badge is at.. You CAN remove this badge.

1) Pop open the trunk
    2) feel the inside of the trunk where the badge meets.. (you should feel 2 of the bolts)
    3) heat up the badge with hair dryer to loosen the tape
    4) push the bolts with one hand (be careful the trunk is VERY thin in that area..)
    and pull the badge with the other hand. This should do the trick..
    damn i'll try that out. thanks

Tell us how it goes! Im just too lazy to do this mod..

Quote Originally Posted by vietpunk916 View Post
    Tell us how it goes! Im just too lazy to do this mod..
    yeah I did the front badge a while ago and wanted to do the back but just never got around to it. I'll probably do the back badge sunday or something. I'll tell you how it goes

anyone know if the 2011 are the same? I would assume so?

Registered User 2011REXRoyalBlu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ntg06 View Post
    yeah I did the front badge a while ago and wanted to do the back but just never got around to it. I'll probably do the back badge sunday or something. I'll tell you how it goes
    Did yo ever do the back badge?

Does anyone know how to take off the badges on a 2010 wrx?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.