Front Window Tint Fine???? (CA)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Front Window Tint Fine???? (CA) within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; so i got my ticket it for my Front window tint in CA, and it came in i have 2 ...

Registered User TheFugitiveMind's Avatar

Front Window Tint Fine???? (CA)

so i got my ticket it for my Front window tint in CA, and it came in

i have 2 options:

pay $118 fine

or pay $10 and show the CHP proof of correction.

now my question is? what happens if i just pay the 118 dollar fine? will there be a point added to my licence? or?

and what happens if i pay the 10 and remove my tint?

i talked to the guy that did my tint. and it costs 35 to remove the tint and 60 to put a lighter tint back on.

so if i choose option 2 id pay a total of $105 and go through the hassle of the CHP and maybe even getting more crap for my mods during this "inspection" it would be easier for me to just pay the 118 and call it a day.

any experts?

THANKS!!
    2006 Aspen White STi
    Stage 2 Open Source Road Tune
    A bunch of bushings from TiC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

They will still ticket you if you have a lighter tint.

I am not sure if you can pay the fine ($118 is WAY too F***** much for TINIT) and do traffic school to clear it from your record. If you pay the $10 fix it fine, and have it removed then new tint put on, you'd be better off. You're only allowed one traffic school per 18 months, so you'd still come out ahead if you pay it, remove it, redo it. Otherwise you will just have to go that route anyway the next time some cop protects and serves the public by ticketing you for your (lighter) tint. By the way, you would actually pay something like $177 for the fine, traffic school request, and the online school. If you can't do traffic school, your insurance will go up and you'll be raped for the next 3 years.

Flame me if you wish, but any cop who wastes his time to give a ticket for tint is nothing more than a tax collector.

yeah i want to keep the tint.

but it gives me no option to take traffic school. i assume its not a moving violation so. thats that

i wanted to go lighter because i thought it was too dark in the first place.
    2006 Aspen White STi

In CA you can't have tint on your front windows, so most likely you will at some point get another ticket. Just accept that.

I would take it off, pay the $10 (I thought it went up to $40?) fine, let them inspect it, and promptly drive to the tinting place and have them put on a little lighter shade. Set aside some money for the next ticket.

yeah i know that you cant have front tint, and i knew even before i decided to put the tint on.

i was just wondering whats the diffrence if i pay the fine? or i have it inspected?

does it show up on some record? do i incur points on my licence?
    2006 Aspen White STi

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but tint isn't a moving violation, and won't count as a point on your driving record (referring to insurance premiums).
    I got a ticket for no front plate, and that is what the officer told me. I would assume you are in the same situation.

<-----isn't lawyer

how much % do you have everywhere...I've been wanting to put tint on my car, but i've been curios what everyone else is running..good luck getting that fixed.
    06 VF39'd WRX 270awhp 295wtq @15psi
    Should I OpenSource and ditch the AP?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #006

I Support ClubWRX
    Tint on the entire widshield? That is like driving with sunglasses at night.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by sixtsix
    Someone correct me if I am wrong, but tint isn't a moving violation, and won't count as a point on your driving record (referring to insurance premiums).
    I got a ticket for no front plate, and that is what the officer told me. I would assume you are in the same situation.

<-----isn't lawyer
    +1 its just a fix it ticket. you don't know any cops? just get it signed off if you know one or just get some goo gone, razor, time and effort and do it yourself and pay the 10 bucks
    t3h Z w00t!!!
    Blobeye Syndicate #12
    ???
    ooo you touched my tra la la
    Quote Originally Posted by ShardAerithes
    My buddy has an SRT-4, I watched him beat an F-16 from a roll.

I'm a little confused by yourt situation. Considering the fact that removing window tint is a "fix-it ticket" in California, your options don't make sense. Is the $118 due if you don't fix it by a certain time? I don't see how you could have an option to pay more and do nothing about the "problem", that doesn't really make much sense to me, and is contrary to my experience with "fix-it tickets" in CA...

If you've got tint covering your whole windshield, you're driving unsafely. It cuts down on your visibility and makes you just an accident waiting to happen. Get it off of there before you kill someone. Don't put any more tint on the windshield.
    My water heater has a blow off valve.

i never had tint on my front windshield.....just the 2 front windows and 4 rear

anyways...i got it all taken care of a long time ago..

i removed the tint..payed the 10 bucks..and then got the tint put back on..all is done.

i had 2 options...pay 118 or remove the tint and pay 10.
    2006 Aspen White STi

Quote Originally Posted by TheFNG View Post
    Flame me if you wish, but any cop who wastes his time to give a ticket for tint is nothing more than a tax collector.
    I shall.

I think it's acceptable to give tickets for tint. If a cop walks up to a car at night and can't see anything at all anything could happen. I understand both points of view of this debate. From a safety perspective it makes sense, not done just as a tax collector. But I do have pretty dark tint on my rex as well. I wouldn't really complain if I got a ticket for it. I knew the risks long before I got the tint. When a cop is next to me or something, I generally just roll my windows down quickly. This makes him/her more comfortable and less likely to give you a ticket for the tint. I thought tint was a secondary offense. Meaning you can't get a tint ticket unless you were pulled over for something else already. But whatever, just thought I'd share my 2 cents. Good luck with your situation.

John
    -John
    Different Strokes
    Dirty Crew #2002
    Mods in profile.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFugitiveMind View Post
    i never had tint on my front windshield.....just the 2 front windows and 4 rear

anyways...i got it all taken care of a long time ago..

i removed the tint..payed the 10 bucks..and then got the tint put back on..all is done.

i had 2 options...pay 118 or remove the tint and pay 10.
    My bad. I misunderstood.
    My water heater has a blow off valve.

Wow I think alot of people jumped to conclusion on that one, me too until I read every post. You were saying front windows, and not your windshield!!

Quote Originally Posted by e-merlin View Post
    My bad. I misunderstood.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.