20K views 125 replies 38 participants last post by  danscoobywagon 
#1 · (Edited)
Danscoobywagon 02 Wagon

Finally got around to taking some pics.
More Updated WRX Pics

See less See more
#6 ·
danscoobywagon said:
thanks for the positive comments. I just want to get some springs and i will be happy with the overall look of the car. i can't remember what kind of springs give the best drop for the wagon
Prodrive springs give wagons a great drop: not too saggy in the rear.

Also, a nice set of rims or painted stockers would really make it look good.

#9 ·
Nice! Can't wait to see it lowered. Love the scoop, too.

Just my opinion, but I think chrome rims would look better on a silver car. Silver is a pretty reserved color and chrome wheels will give it some pop.

Are you going to remove the roof rails? That would kill.

#14 ·
lilneel12 said:
Is that John Marshall and do you live by edison train station?
-i've seen your car thier a few times when i parked in one of those dead ends to take the train to nyc until i got a parking ticket
i have a wrb 06 wrx sedan
lol get the hell out of here. thats very observant. i think i saw your car a few times parked on Rutgers or Prescot Street. I live 2 blocks down from the train station.

#15 ·
johnr3 said:
Have a couple of questions for you 1: What kind of hood scoop is that? 2: What did you use for your side markers, those things are sweet.

oh almost forgot your car is sick man :)
I got the scoop off some kid through ebay. Had to touch up the fiberglass a little bit but not bad quality.

As for the Side markers they are some carbon fiber pcs that i picked up when i first bought the car. I am actually selling them on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...item=320002213832&sspagename=ADME:L:LCA:US:11
i wanna get either the CF inserts or the Clear Corners.

#16 ·
e-merlin said:
Nice! Can't wait to see it lowered. Love the scoop, too.

Just my opinion, but I think chrome rims would look better on a silver car. Silver is a pretty reserved color and chrome wheels will give it some pop.

Are you going to remove the roof rails? That would kill.
You think i should go black with a chrome lip? or just complete chrome?

I was thinking about the roof rail delete but i use the rails in the winter for my snowboards.

#18 ·
I'm not a fan of black wheels, but that's just the photographer in me. A black tire with a black wheel doesn't have much definition. And on a silver car, you're going to have a neutral color on another neutral color. That's just my opinion, however. Maybe someone has pics of a silver WRX with black wheels? I just think an all chrome wheel would add some flash and focus to a color that hides pretty well.

#19 ·
So I decided to Ground my Wrx better and wire my HID's in at the same time. It was a fun morning!
-this is how i started out

got of set of texon hid h1 bulbs and ballasts and relay kit. looked like it was gonna be a little tought to figure out the wiring because there was no freaking directions. but i managed.

http://www.texonstore.com/servlet/Detail?no=106

I also picked up a 9007 female end (from ebay) so that i did not have to splice the wires off the stock head light socket.

there was a RED, BLACK and GREEN wire.
The RED Wire is for the High Beam
The GREEN wire is the shared NEGATIVE (Goes to both High and Low Beam Negative)
The BLACK wire is for the low beam.
Even if you didn't buy the HID kit, you should buy this harness to use for the non-hid bulbs. saves a lot of hassle.

-Ballast Passenger Side

See it peeking out? its the silver thing. I have it being held with heavy duty velcro.

-Ballast Driver Side

-Mounted the Relay There

Little Black thing towards the top. And i grounded it where the yellow wire is. I have both relays hooked directly up to the battery. (RED WIRES ON THE POS+ SIDE)

On the passenger side i grounded the relay here.

-The relay had 4 wires coming out of it.
In the Tube was a black and Red Wire that goes directly to the battery.
Red - POS+
Black - Neg(-)
then there was another Black and a yellow
Black - Neg chasis ground
Yellow tube and black tube - Power from Headlight
(one side was yellow the other was black)

pretty simple. they give you enough tube to place one relay on each side of the car and then run the battery power wires to the battery.

So when that was all said and done, i popped the headlights back it.

I like!

Also grounded the battery better. used the daisy chain method
8gauge wires. grounded 2 differnt spots off the battery. (Engine and strut top)

From Battery to Driver side Strut Top

From Driver Side Strut Top to Passenger Side Strut Top

From Passenger Side Strut Top to Chasis Ground

So i was pretty happy with my day. started at 830am finished at 1130. with a trip to radio shack for more connecters. not bad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.