Koji Style Headlights (02-03) - Instructions - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Koji Style Headlights (02-03) - Instructions within the Exterior and Appearance forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Originally Posted by Rogan PM me a part number or something for them, if you can find one. Please? here ...

Registered User Bugeye Scoob CT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    PM me a part number or something for them, if you can find one. Please?
    here is a link for you i found on google. Geez you guys in the States have access to all the good stuff

http://www.creativelightings.com/Pre...trips-s/97.htm

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Bugeye Scoob CT View Post
    i have done mine today with a little bit of a twist to keep it up to the latest trends. Still a work in progress as i still want to fit projectors. But let me know what you guys think
    That looks Great!

Quote Originally Posted by Bugeye Scoob CT View Post
    Hi guys

So im new to the Scooby scene but been reading this forum for a very long time. So 2 months ago i bought my 1st stunning bugeye rex and now 8 years after the original Koji mod i have done mine today with a little bit of a twist to keep it up to the latest trends. Still a work in progress as i still want to fit projectors. But let me know what you guys think

Im from South Africa so we dont really have access to alot of mod parts for the Scoob so i do everything myself. Even the lip spoiler on the front bumper i made myself

Where did you run the wires through form the inside of the headlight, to the outside for the LEDs?

glad I found this thread. I will be doing this to my Rex I take delivery of it Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by monster35r View Post
    glad I found this thread. I will be doing this to my Rex I take delivery of it Saturday.
    I havent posted on these boards in a looooong time. But i just picked up a set of stock 02 headlights for $50 and im currently baking them apart

So I'm confused; you heat it up, remove all the original silicone, blahblah, then you have to heat it up again to put new silcone on?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding. Haven't done it yet... going to soon tho.

So I saw a Scion TC (lame, I know) today and it gave me an idea; paint the edge of the pvc pipe chrome. Might try it, I'll post pics if I like it. Is that stupid that a Scion made me think of it? Guess it doesn't matter if it looks good...

Oh and I have a product that might help your painting: liquid masking tape. You paint it on and it works just like masking tape, peel it off when you're done. Makes it easier to go around corners, mask circles, or anything that isn't a straight line.

From the r/c car world, figured someone might find it useful.

Amazon.com: Hobbico Master Mask Liquid Mask Film: Toys & Games

^^just an example theres a ton of brands and sizes

Yes, you reheat the factory adhesive/sealer before you reinstall the halves together. Some people add some clear silicone to make sure it's sealed up, but I have never had a problem just reheating the factory stuff. It's kind of like tongue and groove going back together.
    Creeping up on creeping for a decade.
    Bugeye Mafia V2 #322

hope it's alright to bump this but does anyone know if he's talking Fahrenheit or Celsius for the oven temp?

I Support ClubWRX
    F is colder. Do F.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

after an as*load of lurking I found someone who actually mentions it was F not C, living in Aus is an annoyance :P

Thanks though

Hi, new to the forum after lurking for a while, hope this question isn't too noob-ish.

I just bought a 2002 WRB WRX, and I plan on doing this mod next week. After finally growing a pair and deciding to do this, I realize that the actual reflector portion(where the blinker resides) gets painted as well. I can't find any photos of a fully disassembled housing, so I can't tell if it is necessary to paint this portion. Could I just do the lining between the headlight and the blinker portion, or do I HAVE to paint the reflective blinker part? If I do not have to, how would I go about masking this part off? Sorry if this has been beaten to death, but I've been searching for hours and I can't seem to find any answers. Thanks in advance guys...

i bought a pair of headlights that were already painted, with bulbs in them for 100. local parts guy just sells the headlight housings for 100 which i was going to buy because id like to do it on another pair rather than my stockers first incase anything were to go wrong, then resell the stock headlights when finished. so got the headlights on, used a meguairs headlight restore kit which worked awesome but then i noticed theres a big finger print on the inside of the one koji headlight and the other has some haze inside...soo ill be taking them apart most likely in the spring to clean the inside out and maybe repaint inside. as far as i can tell the paint looks good inside, just the lenses inside are cloudy..

so the question, when you bake them in the oven, does it make the house stink like burnt plastic or if ya just turn the fan on and dont overbake them youll be alright with no smell?
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

heres pics of mine. preheated to 210 for 10 mins though. did not do the PVC piece so theyre not "koji's"..used cheap gloss black paint for insides, stained glass spray for the sidemarker light covers and painted over the sidemarker light bulbs as well. resealed with black silicone

Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

can you use 3m urethane windshield adhesive? it is black as hell but it seals great. just about ready to tackle the koji mod myself. just happen to have a friend who does windows, has a heated goo gun. too much?

aah, for the reseal that is. cause ya, i am that a@#L about moisture in my eyes. * sniff*

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast