Koji Style Headlights (02-03) - Instructions - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Koji Style Headlights (02-03) - Instructions within the Exterior and Appearance forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Originally posted by myton78 but you don't really need to do the pvc pipe mod, right? Because I was thinking ...

Originally posted by myton78
    but you don't really need to do the pvc pipe mod, right? Because I was thinking of koji'ing my hl but I want to skip the pipe mod...
    nope....
    have you ever been 4 bagged ???

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by racerWRX
    nope....
    you've been a big help...thanks...

yep....
    have you ever been 4 bagged ???

Note: in my area the SKU is 039923133243. If you go to the PVC/Plumbing section, just look for "schedule 40 flush bushing", in the appropiate size. They were only 68 each.

Hopefully it stops raining soon, so i can knock this out this weekend

man I gotta do this for the 04. I think I'll leave the yellow sidemarkers in there too.
    04 WRX Black no options!
    Helix up/downpipe, HKS catback & Bov, autometer gauges and MRT shortshifter, Bronze Rota SDRs, UTEC, tein SS coilovers, HKS type1 turbo timer, 6000K HIDs, JDM spec C front/rear lips, 20% tint
    to be installed: Mines Spoiler

Koji for Governor!

Oh and could you specify what brands to get? I'm looking at HomeDepot.com right now to research because I'll be getting the sealant and paint from there whenever I'm ready. I'm just not sure which one to get because there are so damn many. Just tell me what brands and I'll buy! I put myself in the professionals' hands. Thanks all.

-Mike
    Last edited by InfamousDX; 11-06-2003 at 12:52 AM.

Just a note - if you don't do the PVC section, then you haven't done the "Koji" mod! The "headlight mod," which is just painting the bezel and usually reinstalling the orange cover, has been around for a while. The only time I've seen the orange cover left off is when no painting is done. The pioneering step is the PVC.

I just sold these to someone for a nominal fee in return for their stockers. I'm going to mod those, too, but with my own twist. It will be henceforth be called the "Sonic headlight mod."

I am going to add pieces to both the blinker AND parking light area. Note, this will be difficult since one of Koji's pictures shows that a little of the headlight area "intrudes" on the parking light area. A little sanding/grinding of the PVC will be required.

Also, a twist on the paint scheme will arise. The bezel will be painted graphite (as my pic above). The PVC pieces will be painted silver (not chrome, more dull like the WRX radio trim) on the outside, but chrome/reflective on the inside.

Stay tuned, sports fans........

Originally posted by sonicwrx
    Just a note - if you don't do the PVC section, then you haven't done the "Koji" mod! The "headlight mod," which is just painting the bezel and usually reinstalling the orange cover, has been around for a while. The only time I've seen the orange cover left off is when no painting is done. The pioneering step is the PVC.

I just sold these to someone for a nominal fee in return for their stockers. I'm going to mod those, too, but with my own twist. It will be henceforth be called the "Sonic headlight mod."

I am going to add pieces to both the blinker AND parking light area. Note, this will be difficult since one of Koji's pictures shows that a little of the headlight area "intrudes" on the parking light area. A little sanding/grinding of the PVC will be required.

Also, a twist on the paint scheme will arise. The bezel will be painted graphite (as my pic above). The PVC pieces will be painted silver (not chrome, more dull like the WRX radio trim) on the outside, but chrome/reflective on the inside.

Stay tuned, sports fans........
    Still waiting on update.
    Now: 04 WRB STi (stock)

yeah, me too

Turns out that trying to get a piece of PVC to fit there is a HUGE PITA. Unlike the blinker area, the parking light area is not a nice SAE-sized circle. And I think you need some sort of CNC machine to grind down the one side.

And paint people lie - all those cans with chrome caps are just freakin' silver. You don't want to know how many I bought only to find "yep, that's silver, too."

I did paint the whole Koji piece silver and the rest of the bezel graphite, but it doesn't strike you as that much different than my pic above.

Do you need to use high temp paint, or would some black glossy enamel work ok?
    Former car: 2002 Cobb/Scoobysport stage 2 WRX sedan
    New ride: ???

Originally posted by keystah
    Do you need to use high temp paint, or would some black glossy enamel work ok?
    No, you don't need to use high temp paint. Many people have used nothing more heat resistant than Flat black krylon. If you take a real good look at the headlights, you'll see that the frame part that you're painting isn't even the same piece as what is surrounding the main bulb where most of the heat is.

doing some OTHER kind of light mods.....

Anyone have the stock amber covers (not beat up) that they dont want to hold on to anymore?
    " Moorepower Motorsports - Subaru Maintenance and Mods "

Subaru UN-authorized repair center

"Warrantees voided while you wait"

Project 1: the beginning

Project 1: SOLD

PROJECT 2: Fun begins again

If you dont want to use the covers, I used Amber Bulbs and it worked wonders.

Originally posted by Lt. Boom Stick
    If you dont want to use the covers, I used Amber Bulbs and it worked wonders.
    I actually need the covers...
    " Moorepower Motorsports - Subaru Maintenance and Mods "

Subaru UN-authorized repair center

"Warrantees voided while you wait"

Project 1: the beginning

Project 1: SOLD

PROJECT 2: Fun begins again

yep thought id post mine up

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.