Cat Pee
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Cat Pee within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok I'm pretty pissed (no pun intended) about this. This is the second time its happened and the first time ...

Angry Cat Pee

Ok I'm pretty pissed (no pun intended) about this. This is the second time its happened and the first time I just kind of laughed. But this time I'm not too thrilled. I just got home and noticed a whitish yellow substance on the lower front lip of my car. I kneeled over to smell it and sure enough its cat pee again! Is there anything I can do to keep this damn cat from marking its territory on MY car? Anyone else have experience with this matter?
    2005 CGM STi

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Hot peppers. Cats do not like. Smear a little habanero pepper near the target area. I have read it can work in gardens - on cars I do not know. Good luck.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX
    Hot peppers. Cats do not like. Smear a little habanero pepper near the target area. I have read it can work in gardens - on cars I do not know. Good luck.
    Yes. Also, you could try this... http://www.thecatconnection.com/page...-DETR/DET-0826

I Support ClubWRX
    Methyl nonyl ketone ought to repel most vertebrates, including felines (and humans for that matter) but I would caution you regarding its use on your paint, as I do not know what results it might have. You could always try spraying it on the tarmac immediately around your car and see if that keeps the cat off. Note that behaviour patterns, once established, are often difficult to alter. You might try repellent plus something else, like a loud noise or something, to startle the animal.

EDIT: sbeth's recommended product contains methyl nonyl ketone so it should work.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Maybe some of that sour apple spray from Petco. It sure works with the poochies at home.

Also, I hear you can buy coyote pee that will deter them as they don't want to be eaten.

Thanks for the tips guys. I'll give them a shot and see what happens. If only I had a garage...
    2005 CGM STi

I Support ClubWRX
    Can you blame the cat?

Don't forget some hot sauce and guacamole
    1999 BMW 328i - R.I.P.
    2004 JBP WRX - R.I.P.
    2007 SWP STi
    And Loving Every Minute Of It.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by nSj77h
    Don't forget some hot sauce and guacamole
    You might as well just make him some Mexican food.

The neighborhood cats piss on my motorcycle cover. It seems to ruin the waterproofing but I'm afraid that any repellant will do the same thing. So if you have any success let us know, I'd rather have a wet bike than a pissy bike as long as the stuff works...
    06 S40 T5 AWD
    Previous: 2004 WRX
    05 CBR600F4i

[QUOTE=Yossarian
    Also, I hear you can buy coyote pee that will deter them as they don't want to be eaten.[/QUOTE]

Yeah! Fight urine with urine! I'd go pee on that cat's doorstep, just so he knows what its like. Ha ha.

i had this exzact same problem a few months ago, a stray black and white cat has been running around here, along with the pi$$ he/she was always good for some muddy paw prints too, a few weeks later i happen to catch this lil sucker walking across the field about 200yds behind my house, you can guess what happened

i like cats but damn......
    Last edited by kessler89; 05-18-2006 at 01:51 PM.
    Aspen white/gold 03 sedan *SOLD*
    Aspen white/gold 06 STi STG2 Bailey ProTuned

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by kessler89
    i had this exzact same problem a few months ago, a stray black and white cat has been running around here, along with the pi$$ he/she was always good for some muddy paw prints too, a few weeks later i happen to catch this lil sucker walking across the field about 200yds behind my house, you can guess what happened

i like cats but damn......
    You're cool.

at least my car doesn't get pee'd on anymore
    Aspen white/gold 03 sedan *SOLD*
    Aspen white/gold 06 STi STG2 Bailey ProTuned

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.