Well, its not my car, but hey, its a WRX, stock as a box of rocks, 03...mom's friend's husband. anyway, the thing was a freakin MESS. neglected so bad it made me sick, especially being a black car and all, it looked so bad. anyway here are some close up before pics of it, to show you the crap condition of the paint. micro marred to hell, oxidized w/ water spots, bird sh*t spots, sap or something, road grime, etc etc etc. uhgg, i wanted to hurl looking at it.
This just cannot be. simply not tolerated.
So i attacked this one by hand...just proof of the amazing detail jobs one can do by hand. I do have a buffer, but i left it in the box for this one. Here's what I did.
1) LONG thorough wash. there was no wax on the car at all, so water didnt even bead off.
2) claybar, the entire car
3) nother quick rinse
4) I should have taken pics of the wheels, just about completely destroyed. they were black with break dust and crap cooked on. went at them with simple green and a ton of elbow greese, that did it.
5) scratch x over the entire car, one tiny section at a time, using megs foam applicator and megs terry towel.
6) megs DC polish, step 2 in the 3 step system.
7) gave the new turtle wax ice a try. seems like good stuff. goes on so easy wax jambs and all that too.
8) tire shine
9) megs nxt glass cleaner
10) vaccuum + interior detail
and you end up with this:
you can see my car in the background...and yes, it is still 10000X cleaner than this black bugeye will ever be
so it was my first shot at a black car. I think it came out great. what do you think?