Subaru WRX Forum banner

2018 WRX roof rails, anyone have? Or know ordering info?

31K views 35 replies 13 participants last post by  Sideswiped 
#1 ·
Looking to get a rack setup
Never bought a rack for a car just truck full lengths so not sure how these fixed points work

I have been in contact with Thule and they said give 6-8weeks for an update

I am open to brands prefer Thule/Yakima because of accessories/locks and option for low profile

Thanks in advance

#2 ·
Since the 2018s were announced to have roof rack mounting brackets and I was able confirmed that they do infact come with them (got to test drive a couple 18s) I worked out a deal with my dealer to include the OEM croasbars from Subaru whenever they become available as an included option. I do believe most if not all of the roof rack related items that are OEM from Subaru are made by Thule. I have yet to see anything anywhere online about them yet though.

Since the 2018s were announced to have roof rack mounting brackets and it was confirmed that they do infact come with them (got to test drive a couple 18s) I worked out a deal with my dealer to include the OEM croasbars from Subaru whenever they become available as an included option. I do believe most if not all of the roof rack related items that are OEM from Subaru are made by Thule.

#4 ·
Also, for what it's worth when the dealer sent me the built sheet for my order, they didn't even have an option number for the crossbars. They just put "and crossbars" at the end of the list of options I was getting. So it doesn't exist yet but it will eventually. They run about $300 for the new impreza

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

#6 ·
So your waiting on the dealer to get you fitted?
Maybe shoot an update when you get yours
I offered Thule that i could bring my 18 into one of their dealers for fitting and everything, 6-8 week wait is going to suck, summer will be over

#5 ·
IDK why they didn't include these on the 2015-17...Grrr...

#14 ·
Those look pretty nice, makes me want to get back into a 370z !

I plan on carrying 1 sometimes 2 bikes
MPG doesnt bother me but looking for something to mount into factory mounting points that come on the 2018s
I figured i would store the rack in the trunk and install when using, and probably keep mounted all summer

#17 ·
Gray,

I ordered this crossbars yesterday... its 3-5 days shipping. Once I receive them I will update this thread with details and pics. I have not ordered ski racks or bike racks yet. I want to see what the croossbars look like. Then order accessories accordingly. As you know Subaru carries a handful of Thule accessories; I figured I'll likely order directly from Thule to get exactly what I want.

I'll update in a few days

#20 ·
I picked up my roof rails for my 2018 WRX Limited on Saturday. I have not mounted them yet. I'll wait until the resorts get ready to open. That said... I have attached a few pics for those who are curious what the rail itself looks like. Please let me know if you'd like additional/different pics or any information I may be able to provide.

Laminate flooring Floor Wood flooring Hardwood Flooring
Laminate flooring Floor Hardwood Wood flooring Flooring
Table Hardwood Wood Flooring Laminate flooring
Text Rim

#25 ·
I picked up my roof rails for my 2018 WRX Limited on Saturday. I have not mounted them yet. I'll wait until the resorts get ready to open. That said... I have attached a few pics for those who are curious what the rail itself looks like. Please let me know if you'd like additional/different pics or any information I may be able to provide.

View attachment 298337 View attachment 298345 View attachment 298353 View attachment 298361
If you were to put a LED light bar under this, what length would you use? :w00t:

#29 ·
I purchased the roof bars and ski rack from
https://www.newenglandsubaruparts.com/p/Thule-Crossbar-Set---Fixed/70227759/SOA567X050.html

Thule Crossbar Set - Fixed
Part Number: SOA567X050
$ 261.26 + free shipping

https://www.amazon.com/2010-2016-Subaru-Snowboard-Forester-SOA567S010/dp/B01K5HSNL0

2010-2016 Subaru Ski & Snowboard Rack KIT WRX STi Outack Forester SOA567S010 Genuine TUHLE OEM
$141.94 & FREE Shipping

Plan to install them on my 2017 WRX with OEM mounting bracket under roof moulding.

#30 ·
I fail to see how to install a 2018 OEM rack on a 2017. There was a post here awhile back that involved drilling holes through the roof.

I would be happy if I could install one on my 2017 (due back from the auto body repair next week), but would need to hear from someone's experience with pictures and/or video before ordering.

AFAIK the only reasonably priced and reasonably OEM-looking rack that will work with the 2015-17 is a Rhino Rack, and it's over $400.

#32 ·
That was it, thanks. I'm surprised the 2017 would have brackets under the molding, but I'll check it out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.