Subaru WRX Forum banner

Newbie Paint Question

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  XJman 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I don't have my WRX yet, hope to be purchasing soon. It seems like the consensus online is that the paint is pretty thin and susceptible to chipping. Are clear bras and paint protection as good as they sound?
I plan on keeping the car for as long as possible. I'm just curious if they're worth it or if they cause any issues with the paint themselves. Thanks!

#8 ·
A clear bra was installed on my car by the dealer before I bought it. Looks nice, cost (IIRC) $800 per the invoice.

To be honest I've never had one and not sure I would have done it myself, but I'm looking forward to the lack of road rash. There is ALWAYS construction around here, and I've driven behind gravel trucks on the interstate more than once when they start dropping gravel like road salt.

Yesterday I got my first curb rash though on the front lip--irritated, because I almost always park a good foot away from any curb. I was in a hurry though, and heard and felt that horrible scraping noise...it is very, very minor, but annoying nonetheless to get your first scrape. I am definitely planning on getting a black front lip when the weather warms up.
Thanks for the feedback, at least I'll have a halfway decent idea of what prices could/should be. Rock chips, curb rash, cracked windshields, door dings, all these things are running through my mind and she's not even ordered yet.

#6 ·
A clear bra was installed on my car by the dealer before I bought it. Looks nice, cost (IIRC) $800 per the invoice.

To be honest I've never had one and not sure I would have done it myself, but I'm looking forward to the lack of road rash. There is ALWAYS construction around here, and I've driven behind gravel trucks on the interstate more than once when they start dropping gravel like road salt.

Yesterday I got my first curb rash though on the front lip--irritated, because I almost always park a good foot away from any curb. I was in a hurry though, and heard and felt that horrible scraping noise...it is very, very minor, but annoying nonetheless to get your first scrape. I am definitely planning on getting a black front lip when the weather warms up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.