Question about LED/HID Conversion on 2017 WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Question about LED/HID Conversion on 2017 WRX within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, Sorry about a simple question, but after searching the internet and forums, all i have found is scrambled ...

Question about LED/HID Conversion on 2017 WRX

Hey guys,
    Sorry about a simple question, but after searching the internet and forums, all i have found is scrambled mumbo jumbo and no definite response to my question.
    - 2017 WRX Base -
    Im trying to replace my dull amber halogen headlights into something white, and ill be doing the Boomerang, Low beam, and Hi-Beam.
    Im trying to find one that i can plug the headlight into the socket with little to no modification.

I was reading that LEDs and HIDs need a different retrofit housing to install so that the light doesn't go everywhere.
    I also saw that subispeed had LEDs that were plug and play into the original headlight bulb (Not sure i trust them)

My question is, can I switch to LEDs without changing the factory harness or anything inside the headlight? Are they just plug and play?

Do HIDs need a different headlight retrofitted or can i just plug in an HID bulb with a ballast and it works?
    Same thing with LEDs : Can i just plug them in and put them in the stock housing Without having to shave, cut, or modify the existing mount.

Im looking to go the cheap way, get some Sylvania LEDs (I prefer LED over HID) but what else do i need besides the bulb?

If i buy an LED bulb, how do i get it into the wiring harness if the connectors are different?
    Im trying to stay under $200-300 for the front lights LED upgrade, and then purchasing LED taillights already smoked and installed

Thanks for all your help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply

Send him an email about your car, and buy whatever he tells you to. Make sure you send him some money for his time, as well; often times, he will send you links to items he doesn't stock in his store, so while you're getting the best upgrade possible in terms of lighting, he doesn't always benefit in terms of a sale from giving you a custom-tailored quote for your vehicle.

I've used his advice on a TON of vehicles, and I've never been steered incorrectly. I can't say enough good things about his consultation services (pretty good email turnaround time) and his ethics (the fact that he may steer you to a product he doesn't sell vs. one he does should speak for itself).
    2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road - Daily
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno) - Weekend Warrior

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.