Subaru WRX Forum banner

2015+ WRX Front Plate Delete Options

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Hirurg80 
#1 ·
Question to those of you who have gone with the license plate relocation and/or front plate delete - I'm curious what plate delete you went with?

I'm debating getting a Perrin front plate relocator, but need a plate delete to cover up the holes. I really just want something that says WRX on it and looks classy, like it was intended to go on the car (vs free advertising for other companies :)).

Thanks!

#2 ·
I like your thinking of not just an advert for some unaffiliated-to-you company. I drilled holes in my license plate to center it vertically and used the factory bumper holes. But if I were to do a relocate, I might design up my own cover plate with something on it meaningful to me and have a local machine shop make it for me. It would cost more this way but it would be unique. Actually I would probably fabricate a plate with an LED panel on it.....

#3 ·
I give free advertisement to Perrin because their plate delete was the only one I found which held the metal away from the front bumper and paint. It's also double sided so if rocks mess up the front I can just flip it around.

I'd prefer something more personalized or just plain WRX, but I don't want anything flush against the bumper.

#4 ·
I have the TurboXS license plate relocation kit, no complaints about it here. As far as the two holes that come pre-drilled, if you haven't opened the up more you can order the hole plugs for our cars online. They come color coded to whatever color you have. I personally like that option better than a metal plate on the front where the tag would normally be.

#6 ·
Thanks for the replies.

joe - love the idea of an LED in the plate, wish I was better at fabricating stuff like that!

VWynn - ideally I would like the hole plug idea better, but unfortunately my bumper has already been screwed into for the front plate - I'm just thinking it would look better with a relocation instead, hence why I need something to cover up all the holes now.

batman - good point on not sitting flush on the bumper....would a solution for other plate deletes be as simple as getting a small rubber spacer to put between the plate and the bumper? Or is the Perrin plate more advanced than that?

Hirurg - I saw the plate deletes on ebay but hadn't seen reviews of those particular plates to know if they were decent or not. Do those plates come with the necessary hardware

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.