C Light DRL
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on C Light DRL within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i just installed the subispeed DRL for the c lights on my 2016 limited, i was expecting it to eliminate ...

C Light DRL

i just installed the subispeed DRL for the c lights on my 2016 limited, i was expecting it to eliminate the headlight low beam (center most light) while driving and it did not. their sight has this listed for ways to install

There are a few options when wiring the SubiSpeed's DRL harness. We'll guide you through those in the instructions / videos (coming soon).

1) High Beam DRL + Boomerang / C-Light / Front Side Markers
    2) Boomerang / C-Light / Front Side Markers (MOST POPULAR)
    3) High Beam DRL + Boomerang / C-Light / Front Side Markers + Accessories
    4) Boomerang / C-Light / Front Side Markers + Accessories
    5) High Beam DRL + Accessories
    6) Accessories Only

there were no instructions other then the video for what seems to be option 1 on their site. does anyone have any experience with this?
    http://www.subispeed.com/2015-subaru...i#.V1xSJZErK00
    Last edited by clt-wrx; 06-13-2016 at 04:38 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Water.....sometimes waves rqjoe's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Eliminate low beams? How could you function without low beams? I am not familiar with these but you call it a "DRL". DRLs are for daytime and not meant to work as headlights - low or high. Plus I have been reading a lot recently about folks having problems with these. Search the forum.

that was a mistype, i meant to say the DRL from the highbeam. which would allow the c light to function as the DRL. i did try to search i didnt find anything that specifically answers this question.

5. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

you are going to have to disconnect the relay that is behind the bumper, on the passenger side under the airbox next to the horn I do believe, in order to disable the DRLs. Check out YouTube I know lasthumansgarage and prolights both go into significant detail on this.

Water.....sometimes waves rqjoe's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    You could unplug the green wire from the DRL relay or disconnect the connector from the DRL resistor.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySteel6 View Post
    you are going to have to disconnect the relay that is behind the bumper, on the passenger side under the airbox next to the horn I do believe, in order to disable the DRLs. Check out YouTube I know lasthumansgarage and prolights both go into significant detail on this.
    i will check this out for my self but from what i have been reading this would disable any drl including the c lights because of how they are wired.

Quote Originally Posted by rqjoe View Post
    You could unplug the green wire from the DRL relay or disconnect the connector from the DRL resistor.
    i will also look into unplugging the green wire

I'll be doing the same thing as soon as I get my car legally imported to the US. I'm not sure how the subispeed wiring harness works, but if it IS just a matter of unplugging the stock DRL harness, my how-to may help a bit:

DIY: DRL Disable (2015+ WRX) *Without Bumper Removal*

helpful post, thank you.
    i should have done this when i took off my bumper for my hella horns install

I also just ordered the harness from Subispeed for my limited and would like to have the DRL from the highbeam off but the C-lights on as my DRL. Do I install it per the video by removing the wires from the existing (top left corner when view from the back of plug) and insert the red wires from the harness into the existing plugs? Or do I have to remove some other relay?

Yes to both questions. You will install as per the instructions removing the pins from your headlight harness, AND then have to disconnect the DRL relay clipped under the airbox almost inside the bumper. Reccomend youtubeing it...it will help a ton!

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySteel6 View Post
    Yes to both questions. You will install as per the instructions removing the pins from your headlight harness, AND then have to disconnect the DRL relay clipped under the airbox almost inside the bumper. Reccomend youtubeing it...it will help a ton!
    +1 yep, install was very ease after watching a few videos.

unplug the drl relay clip from under the car, you dont need to remove the air box like some videos show.

I'm planning to do the C-light DRL mod in the near future. What is everyone's opinion of the Subispeed harness versus the SubiBros harness? I don't plan to have any other accessories connect to the harness. SubiBros harness is a tad cheaper than Subispeed, but it looks to be very well made from the photos. Seems like the Subispeed harness includes more stuff for accessories.

I Support ClubWRX
    I can only vouch for the subi-speed harness. I've had it installed for about a year so far without any issues.
    ...BECAUSE RALLY CAR

Current Build: 2015 WRX Premium - WRB - Stage 2

Thank. I placed an order for the Subispeed harness. I also ordered the NBR Challenge light grille so we will see how it all hooks up.

Did the mod a couple weeks ago and figured I would post a pic. Used the SubiBros harness and install was about a 4 outta 10. Honestly the stupid white pin retainer was the biggest PITA. Diggin it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160711_142230.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	266570

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.