Lines marks/dents on the side shirt
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Lines marks/dents on the side shirt within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Has anyone paid attention to their sides skirts? Idk I'm I'm knit picking but it seems like I have indents ...

Lines marks/dents on the side shirt

Has anyone paid attention to their sides skirts? Idk I'm I'm knit picking but it seems like I have indents on them on both sides that appear to look like a indent of a door ding, but it can't be a door thing because an opened door would not hit it that low. Also there is about 4of them on each side even spaced apart. Wondering it t comes from factory like this or if not, how the hell did I get them.only have 5k miles on the car and very subtle driving.. I'll attach a pick but it's hard to notice on the pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I can't see anything but, do the indents line up with your jack points?

Could be a marking to show where they are.
    My "Build" Thread!

2015 VW GTI

2006 WRX TR - SOLD
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Appreciate the response, but i can't make the edit on my phone but if u looks at the reflection of the white line (light) on the side skirt you will notice the indents throughout the line.. I know it looks small and petty but in person It's actually more noticeable at angles exspecually when I was the car.. I thought it was watermarks at first and ignored it until I looked at it more closely and was like wtf is this

They don't line up to the jack point. There's about 4-5 minor but noticeable indents spaced apart throughout the skirt on both sides

I Support ClubWRX
    I can kind of see what you mean.

I'm lost though, no idea where they came from or why
    My "Build" Thread!

2015 VW GTI

2006 WRX TR - SOLD
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

One of those eye sores that I manage to always look at now that I noticed it.. Wondering if any 15 16 owners have the same thing

If that side skirt is plastic it could be deformation from the molding process.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

XJ, they are indeed plastic. I had a factory defect with one of my rocker panels, it was covered under warranty. They shipped a blank over from the factory, and sprayed it CWP. All things considered, their body shop did a nice job with the paint match. I would take it in OP.
    Drive like hell, you will get there faster!

2015 WRX COBB Surgeline Stage 2 Pro Tune
    Journal-

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ml#post3579257

Quote Originally Posted by XJman View Post
    If that side skirt is plastic it could be deformation from the molding process.

But wouldn't that happen to if not all, a lot of owners? It wasn't always like that

Not necessarily. Molding parts like that is very tough. If the mold happens to cool off a few degrees or there is too much moisture in the material it will completely Bork that part.

Not to mention mold release products can cause it too. If they added it and that's the first part of the run it could have waves.

Not necessarily. Molding parts like that is very tough. If the mold happens to cool off a few degrees or there is too much moisture in the material it will completely Bork that part.

Not to mention mold release products can cause it too. If they added it and that's the first part of the run it could have waves.
    It's not bad now.. Just visible from an angle.. If this is true or gets worst.. I'm assuming it work be due to poor workmanship or defective labor/material. And it will be covered under warranty? Since the car is only 7months old?

It won't change as it would be set after the part hardened in the mold. I mean you could try to go for the defect route I dont know how that will go.

It won't change as it would be set after the part hardened in the mold. I mean you could try to go for the defect route I dont know how that will go.

I think I misunderstood earlier, the part wasn't like that when I signed off on the car.. The indents are just now appearing and I noticed it maybe about a month ago.. Had the car since August 2015. Unless the blistering cold weather had something to die with it since it's now warming up in NY.

Due*

Do*

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.