Votes: 34 52.3%
  • Wingless

Votes: 28 43.1%
  • Other wing style

Votes: 3 4.6%

Wing vs Wingless Impreza! 2016 edition poll

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  mustwarnorcas 
#1 ·
I have a 2002 matte white wrx sedan. I bought it with the STi wing and later bought a wingless trunk, which I color matched, but never yet installed.

The thing that bugs me is the huge hood scoop, mud flaps, and general race-ready looks of the car that would make the rear end look weird and bland without a spoiler. I might eventually build myself a ducktail spoiler to add some drama to that trunk. So I'll start a poll that applies in general and you can reply about my particular situation.

#2 ·
I always loved the wingless look. My old 06 wrx was wingless with a seibon carbon fiber hood. The hood scoop on that thing was huge. But loved the clean look of the wingless trunk. I do however love the STi wing. But...... only on STi's. Its a bit of a trademark to me, for the STi. Was never a fan of a wrx running the big spoiler off of its counterpart. But still love the way the big spoiler looks. Just my opinion.

Here are a couple pics of my old wrx with the wingless trunk just for fun.

#5 ·
Here it is. The STi wing is very popular in my region and most dealers offer it as an option on the wrx since the 2004 sti. I'd say nearly 50% of 02-07 WRX's have the STi wing. It just works with the rest of the car. But I personally hate wings on sedans. Although, I've been a rally fan since I was like 10 so the styling of the impreza really caught my eyes. But now, I'm a man with responsibilities and I work in life insurance, I don't want my clients to think I'm driving a childhood dream. In fact I was aiming for a WRX wagon of the same year but I had a much better deal on this beautiful sedan which had the appropriate wide fenders. It also used to be sedona red with a bunch of dings everywhere.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Snow Automotive design

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.