Cat BAck or just Muffler Delete ??
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Cat BAck or just Muffler Delete ?? within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So im looking for something with better sound for My newly purchased 2016 wrx wanted to ask is there any ...

Cat BAck or just Muffler Delete ??

So im looking for something with better sound for My newly purchased 2016 wrx wanted to ask is there any difference in getting full cat back invidia q300 or just nameless muffler delete as far as power goes since there not turbo backs i shouldn't expect anithing so from videos i have seen i kinda like the sound better of the muffler deletes plus there cheaper on price what is your guys take on it ??

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

For External Use Only irickchad's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    This is discussed all over the forum. You just have to use the "search" bar in the upper right corner. A full 3" system with resonators and mufflers will have a deeper, less raspy tone than a non resonated/non muffled system. Adding muffler deletes to your stock system is a bit of a harsh, more aggressive sound, while adding mufflers to the axle back brings out the tone of the exhaust.

Technically, they're more expensive than a catback, for a smaller diameter pipe, because you'd be paying for the axle back portion now, and catback section later.

If you plan do get a J-Pipe later, get a catback now and save yourself some money, and for what it's worth, In person and in video often sound incredibly different. If you can find someone close to you, listen to their exhaust.
    I have an STi with an intake and no tune, I never change my oil, and my wheel spacerz are mad tyte.

I dont know about doing j pipe as im located in sorry as california. So i dont know what that would do with emissions. But your right maybe someone local i can find. Ill try find some people on here. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

For External Use Only irickchad's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Oh, yeah, being a car guy in cali is rough. If you don't ever plan on being able to upgrade that side of things, then I'd imagine the Axle Back would be plenty for you. Nameless and ETS both make great options.
    I have an STi with an intake and no tune, I never change my oil, and my wheel spacerz are mad tyte.

Not a fan of muffler delete here since it can make the sound really loud and harsh.

I've got the nameless muffler deletes on mine. Personally, I like the sound. It's not loud at all when I'm just cruising. Even cold starts are not so bad. I think a full exhaust would definitely sound better though.
    I like to do things

Alright i think i. Just going to wait and go with. Invidia q300 or borla catback exhaust.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Muffler deletes are ok if you are on a budget. If you are able to, I would recommend a full cat back system.

As far as CA emissions, new vehicles do not get smogged for the first 6 years. We pay a smog abatement fee of $20 a year for this.
    14 sedan: Protune: 318AWHP 344ft lbs up pipe, Tial EWG, AEM intake, Cobb AP V3, 3" TBE, Avo FMIC, Turbo Smart bpv, Aem air fuel gauge,Cobb knob,Perrin Pitch Stop mount, SPT front strut tower brace, K-Sport coilovers@1.5" drop. Eibach sways, Perrin Spherical end links, Cusco subframe brace, White Line sway braces, Perrin sub frame bushings.

07 Duramax LBZ- 26psi,intake, TBE, Diablosport programmer, Edge Insight with EGT, EGR block off, BD exhaust manifold, PPE fuel valve.

Quote Originally Posted by 100plus2Vegas View Post
    Muffler deletes are ok if you are on a budget. If you are able to, I would recommend a full cat back system.
    I agree with you there. My muffler delete is just a place holder until I get further mods lined up.
    I like to do things

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.