Subaru WRX Forum banner

The bumper crack

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  SimPar 
#1 ·
Yes the one. I'm sure you all know about it. I have a 2013 Subaru WRX STI and while backing out of the driveway I put a small crack about 1 inch in the bottom of the bumper near one of the grommet holes. My question is, would it be a bad idea to put a lip spoiler over the scratches and the crack? I would really like to just cover it up. Also if anyone agrees with my reasoning, could you refer me to a decently priced lip spoiler that kind of wraps around the front a little bit, if you know what I mean. Thanks

#6 ·
I also have a 2-3in crack on the very bottom of my front bumper from not angling into a parking ramp properly. It is not noticeable until you look for it. Immediately after I did this, I purchased a front lip to try and cover it up, in which it did a nice job. It's been almost 2 years since the incident and the paint has not spider webbed or the crack has not increased in size (I also am lowered and scrape frequently). The lip does a good job of supporting the front bumper and also prevents you from scraping the paint off the bottom. I don't think there is a front lip you can buy that doesn't make you drill holes..correct me if i'm wrong. The holes are on the very bottom side, you can't see them unless you were to get on your back and look underneath. Not a big deal imo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.