Were can i buy vinyl to wrap my baby?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Were can i buy vinyl to wrap my baby? within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My current car (2013 Subaru WRX sedan) is metallic black but the paint contains a ton of chips and scratches. ...

Were can i buy vinyl to wrap my baby?

My current car (2013 Subaru WRX sedan) is metallic black but the paint contains a ton of chips and scratches. I wanted to paint the vehicle but i was told by the dealer that wrapping would be the best bet and inexpensive. I live in SoCal (California, USA). Were can i purchase vinyl (for rooftop) for a reasonable price? I looked online and the prices are outrageous then again maybe its just me been a cheap ass! Any thoughts or idea would be appreciated! ( i would like 3M vinyl of course)!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Having not seen the condition of your paint this is just a stab in the dark. But a more inexpensive option would be to have the paint chips properly touched up, and then at least a 3 step paint correction job by a reputable detailer.

IMO better to fix the problem rather than cover it up.
    "Straight roads are for fast cars, curvy roads are for fast drivers." -Colin McRae

Your right, the chips are minimal literally! The paint is in great conditions but for example, the bumper has chipped paint, etc. So touching it up will be a good idea however, i personally would like to maintain the original paint good, so that could be a great solution but id still wrap it to protect it from chipping again!

For External Use Only irickchad's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Fix it. Wrapping is expensive (for the wrap),difficult if you do it yourself, and even more expensive if you have an installer do it. Read some tutorials on paint correction. You can buy a buffer and a paint correction kit cheaper than you can buy some vinyl to cover up a problem.

put it this way, you get your arm sliced open and take it to the hospital, would you rather the doctor stitch you up, or throw on a band aid and tell you it will be ok?

I'd personally opt for the stitches. Your dealer just told you to put on a band aid. Find a new dealer.
    I have an STi with an intake and no tune, I never change my oil, and my wheel spacerz are mad tyte.

Get the chips fixed and have a clear bra put on. 3m makes them to fit your vehicle, and it doesn't seem to affect the paint or yellow with time

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

And lifetime warranty^^^
    "Straight roads are for fast cars, curvy roads are for fast drivers." -Colin McRae

Proper wrap with quality stuff is like $3500. Same cost as an average paint job.

Wrapping over chips can be seen in the wrap and also creates little voids/air pockets.

Buy crap wrap, you'll get a job that will be fading and peeling in a year or 2.

Wrapping is not your solution...Plastidip would be your solution for a cheap alternative.

For clear bra, I recommend SUntek or XPel. A bit expensive but this product offers self healing feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Subisnob View Post
    Wrapping is not your solution...Plastidip would be your solution for a cheap alternative.
    Agreed, wrapping is not the solution. But neither is plastidip....

Fixing the paint in poor condition is the solution. It's not expensive to touch up/clear the nics, then 3 step the paint and throw a nice coat of wax on it.
    See my first post.

you can order vinyl from B@t overlays... he's somewhere on every forum I go on, lol. Where in SoCal are you located? I suggest hitting up GarageWorks to install, Ryan does a great job at reasonable pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by XJman View Post
    Get the chips fixed and have a clear bra put on. 3m makes them to fit your vehicle, and it doesn't seem to affect the paint or yellow with time

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    I've heard that the 3M stuff is pretty expensive (with install), how much did yours cost?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.