Subaru WRX Forum banner

2015 wrx Front and rear emblem removal

10K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Jleech330 
#1 ·
Does anyone know how to remove the front and rear Subaru emblem/badge? I've Google it and found no videos. I got led white badges that I wanna install

Thanks

#5 ·
If you are looking specifically to take off something, you wont find it. It is called "debadging" and you should be able to find videos on that. You will need a heat gun, microfiber cloth and some type of string. I seen a guy use dental floss and it worked just fine.

First, you will heat up the badge with the heat gun to cause the glue that is holding it to melt (or become soft)
Second, begin using the floss to get behind the decal and pull down on each side until the floss goes all the way through
Third, after removing decals, use the microfiber cloth to rub off the excess glue left behind.

In some cases, the paint job may have been sun bathed and may leave behind the logo and some small painting will be required. In your case, just slap the new emblem right over it and call it a day.

I am 100% sure there is a youtube video on debadging you can look up for a reference. I am a very visual type of person so I would definitely look it up. Good luck and please post a pic to see what it looks like! :)

#7 ·
I aint never seen no one use string but that might work also..... I removed my rear emblem and made my own LED lighting for it. It is held on with butyl rubber. It is a gooey stuff that you can buy in caulk tubes for construction use. Emblems are not held with an adhesive tape. I used a "sharp" metal putty knife to slide in under the emblem and did it carefully enough I did not scratch the paint at all. Took it slow when moving the knife to cut the rubber and at the same time applying gentle pressure outward to pull it away from the car. Gentle pressure and taking a longer time is key to not peel paint or crack the old emblem. Once off, there was rubber left on the car plus on the emblem; it peels off with care just using fingernails and taking it slow. Once the rubber is off the old emblem the plastic centerpiece (stars) and the silver plastic outer ring just come apart from each other. The rubber goo holds everything together plus to the car. Oh, yea, there are 2 small "stubs" in the silver outer ring that go into holes in the trunk - be careful with the knife when working around them. I used some special clear glue made for plastic to re-connect the inner star piece to the outer silver ring and then some butyl rubber from a caulk tube I had to re-assemble. Of course I should have taken pictures as I did it, but I neglected to to that. I'll try to remember to post a pic of the finished job though.........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.