Which front lip for 2015/16 WRX?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Which front lip for 2015/16 WRX? within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Which one do you guys like more? I heard a lot of you guys talk about the Bayson R. Any ...

Which front lip for 2015/16 WRX?

Which one do you guys like more? I heard a lot of you guys talk about the Bayson R.

Any love for the SubiSpeed one? How is it compared to the Bayson R? Need some more $$$ to get the free shipping from SS =p

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

For External Use Only irickchad's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Subispeed is a ripoff. Overpriced parts, overpriced shipping, but a big selection. The Subispeed one is just the HT Autos front lip... im certain you can find it somewhere else cheaper.. and shipped free.
    The Anti-N00b. Use "Search", YES, you need a tune. NO, you don't need a BOV. Don't try to make you car shoot fire, and change your freaking oil.

Quote Originally Posted by irickchad View Post
    Subispeed is a ripoff. Overpriced parts, overpriced shipping, but a big selection. The Subispeed one is just the HT Autos front lip... im certain you can find it somewhere else cheaper.. and shipped free.
    So Bayson R would still be my best bet? SubiSpeed's $105 lip is actually similarly priced (actually a bit cheaper) as the Bayson R one. (15 16 Subaru WRX STI V Limited Style Front Lip Urethane | eBay)

Only thing is I'm not sure what material the SS one is. I think I've read the Polyurethane is the one I should be looking for.

I had a couple things I was going to order from SS (mats and some harnesses for DRL Boomerang LEDs) and needed some more money to get the free shipping.

I Support ClubWRX
    That $105 lip is not a lip.. it's a lip protector for the OEM Sti lip that you can get. It's the small things UNDER the lip that the picture clearly points to. Also, if you're getting mats, spend your money on weathertech, the Subaru OEM all weather mats suck.
    The Anti-N00b. Use "Search", YES, you need a tune. NO, you don't need a BOV. Don't try to make you car shoot fire, and change your freaking oil.

Quote Originally Posted by irickchad View Post
    That $105 lip is not a lip.. it's a lip protector for the OEM Sti lip that you can get. It's the small things UNDER the lip that the picture clearly points to. Also, if you're getting mats, spend your money on weathertech, the Subaru OEM all weather mats suck.
    oh.......... LOL. well its a good thing I asked.. would never have thought about a "lip protector". I'm actually going with the husky liners. A bit cheaper but looks like it covers more area. Though I heard the weather techs are thicker which I dont think is necessary.

Guess I'll go with the Bayson R then.. lollll

Thank you!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by nodrog321 View Post
    oh.......... LOL. well its a good thing I asked.. would never have thought about a "lip protector". I'm actually going with the husky liners. A bit cheaper but looks like it covers more area. Though I heard the weather techs are thicker which I dont think is necessary.

Guess I'll go with the Bayson R then.. lollll

Thank you!
    Anytime. The Huskies are a good choice, the only main difference is a little thinner and they cover the gas lid lever.

I would go with either HT, or Bayson. I personally have the Bayson,and it has taken a beating on driveways and has held up.
    Drive like hell, you will get there faster!

2015 CWP WRX Premium
    Journal-

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ml#post3579257

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.