Lapis Blue Pearl (WRX's)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Lapis Blue Pearl (WRX's) within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So you have a Lapis Blue Pearl WRX. This thread is to discuss and show what you plan on or ...

Lapis Blue Pearl (WRX's)

So you have a Lapis Blue Pearl WRX. This thread is to discuss and show what you plan on or did do with your Lapis Blue Pearl WRX. (Colors, Decals, Rims, Interior ect... for your Lapis Blue Pearl WRX ofcourse) So Lapis Blue Pearl Owners Lets See What You Got.......LAPIS!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Just got mine a week ago, honestly debating on red acents, or stay subtle with the same shade of grey the 18 inch rims are..I do think they look good together.
    hell to be honest my mind is on overload which way to go..been thinking about the addition front spoiler and other lower body pieces...given they come black, may go black acents..lol

What about you?

Quote Originally Posted by royal_wmb View Post
    Just got mine a week ago, honestly debating on red acents, or stay subtle with the same shade of grey the 18 inch rims are..I do think they look good together.
    hell to be honest my mind is on overload which way to go..been thinking about the addition front spoiler and other lower body pieces...given they come black, may go black acents..lol

What about you?
    Haha This has been troubling me for weeks. Mine inst scheduled for delivery till mid August but I wanted to get a jump start on it. I had posted the same question on the "2016 WRX" thread and got some good feedback.
    Like you I was also think red. My main concern being the mudflaps and decals. The consensuses was that red might not look good on the dark blue and that the gun metal gray would look better. The thing is im not a subtle person. I like thing to be flashy and pop, although the car looks great with the gun metal grey. My other thought was going with white accents ( Grill Stripe ). I also toyed with the idea of Plasti Dipping my rims white.

I haven't fully decided but I think regardless of what I do on the exterior, I would like to keep the red theme on the interior. Pedal Lights, Decals, Shift Knob, ECT...

P.S. Im pretty sure Plasti Dip Makes a Gunmetal Grey which could be nice for Interior and Exteriors Trims & Lips. Best thing about it is, if you don't like it you can just peel it off and reapply different colors until you find a theme that you like.

Post a Pic of your car because its hard finding pictures of the Lapis Blue Pearl that truly shows the look of the car.

Quote Originally Posted by meisenhauer37 View Post
    Haha This has been troubling me for weeks. Mine inst scheduled for delivery till mid August but I wanted to get a jump start on it. I had posted the same question on the "2016 WRX" thread and got some good feedback.
    Like you I was also think red. My main concern being the mudflaps and decals. The consensuses was that red might not look good on the dark blue and that the gun metal gray would look better. The thing is im not a subtle person. I like thing to be flashy and pop, although the car looks great with the gun metal grey. My other thought was going with white accents ( Grill Stripe ). I also toyed with the idea of Plasti Dipping my rims white.

I haven't fully decided but I think regardless of what I do on the exterior, I would like to keep the red theme on the interior. Pedal Lights, Decals, Shift Knob, ECT...

P.S. Im pretty sure Plasti Dip Makes a Gunmetal Grey which could be nice for Interior and Exteriors Trims & Lips. Best thing about it is, if you don't like it you can just peel it off and reapply different colors until you find a theme that you like.

Post a Pic of your car because its hard finding pictures of the Lapis Blue Pearl that truly shows the look of the car.
    Yea the mud flaps and pin strip in grill is where I am at this point also..I need to get the windows tinted first thing, lol. I had an unfortunate run in with a Raccoon after owning the car 6 days, so its been in the body shop this week getting the front face replaced.
    Interior, I will definitely stick with the red, due to the stitching, etc.

Waiting is the hardest thing, I got really lucky and went to the dealer to order one, and they already had one coming with everything I wanted. So I just put a deposit down, and took delivery June 29th.

I like the plasti dip idea, I will have to look and see if there is anyone around here that does that.
    Here is pics
    Attachment 208785Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150701_130035.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	164.6 KB 
ID:	208793

Hey guys. New to the forum and I will be ordering my '16 wrx in the next day or so. Can u all post a lot more pics of the lapis blue pearl? Im debating between that and wrb colors. Theres a ton of web pics and not so many of lbp. Any more pics would be great!

I saw the Lapis blue at a dealer a couple days ago, and it is gorgeous. An original, now not to be mentioned dealer, told me the Lapis was purple...jeeez couldn't be farther from the truth. In the sun, it has amazing shadows that accentuate the lines of the car, on one angle you have a deep blue, almost navy blue in appearance, then on another angle it shines this brilliant bright pearl blue. The color plays tricks on you, and it is spectacular. I saw the GBP in an older model in the same lot and THAT was a purple'ish color.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Purple is good.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly stock 2015 STi - Seeking B-Stock supremacy
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon (SOLD)

Zach | Moderator | Builds, Electronics/Car Audio, Engine Modifications, Mid-Atlantic States, Suspension & Wheels, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs |
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    I DO like the Lapis Blue a lot. My wife wants me to get it. I'm still leaning CWP, but...eh, got about a month or so still to decide...
    Everything in moderation. (especially moderation)

Current Garage:
    2013 G37x Coupe
    2015 Forester XT Touring
    Coming soon(ish): 2016 WRX CVT Limited

Quote Originally Posted by Bman1632 View Post
    Hey guys. New to the forum and I will be ordering my '16 wrx in the next day or so. Can u all post a lot more pics of the lapis blue pearl? Im debating between that and wrb colors. Theres a ton of web pics and not so many of lbp. Any more pics would be great!
    Here is what I have taken of mine so far, hope this helps, I love the color, I will say though it shows dust big time! So if you go with it, and you want to keep it clean, plan on investing in a dust broom for the car, lol
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150701_130016.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	87.7 KB 
ID:	209073Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150703_135024.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	209081Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150703_135049.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	209089Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150703_205158.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	209097Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150705_101634.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	78.1 KB 
ID:	209105
    2016 WRX Premium LBP 6mt
    1969 Chevy C-10 Corvette red

Quote Originally Posted by royal_wmb View Post
    Yea the mud flaps and pin strip in grill is where I am at this point also..I need to get the windows tinted first thing, lol. I had an unfortunate run in with a Raccoon after owning the car 6 days, so its been in the body shop this week getting the front face replaced.
    Interior, I will definitely stick with the red, due to the stitching, etc.

Waiting is the hardest thing, I got really lucky and went to the dealer to order one, and they already had one coming with everything I wanted. So I just put a deposit down, and took delivery June 29th.

I like the plasti dip idea, I will have to look and see if there is anyone around here that does that.
    Here is pics
    Attachment 208785Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150701_130035.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	164.6 KB 
ID:	208793
    Damn, that sucks man.

Window tints are a must on this car, will definitely make it look mean. For the plasti dip you can do it yourself, there are plenty of videos detailing the steps and its really easy. No reason to pay someone to do it.

Is it just me, or does the: Legacy and Impreza BOTH HAVE the same booty? I swear every time I see those two cars I think it's a WRX. I kinda wish the WRX had a more distinctive look. Of course the spoiler on the STI is very distinct, but that isn't on all the trims.

Damn, that sucks man.

Window tints are a must on this car, will definitely make it look mean. For the plasti dip you can do it yourself, there are plenty of videos detailing the steps and its really easy. No reason to pay someone to do it.
    I didn't realize it was that easy, will have to research for sure! Thanks!
    2016 WRX Premium LBP 6mt

Bit the bullet...put my first order in with Subispeed, decided red accents Just did a couple right now (emblem overlay, pinstrip) Thanks to a $500 deductible from that dame Raccoon..Have to wait til next month to do more. Also got a couple of light up grades too.
    2016 WRX Premium LBP 6mt

Quote Originally Posted by Kawika0 View Post
    I saw the Lapis blue at a dealer a couple days ago, and it is gorgeous. An original, now not to be mentioned dealer, told me the Lapis was purple...jeeez couldn't be farther from the truth. In the sun, it has amazing shadows that accentuate the lines of the car, on one angle you have a deep blue, almost navy blue in appearance, then on another angle it shines this brilliant bright pearl blue. The color plays tricks on you, and it is spectacular. I saw the GBP in an older model in the same lot and THAT was a purple'ish color.
    Yeah it's likely the dealer was a bit mixed up. To me the Galaxy Blue (available on the 2015 WRX and 2013 BRZ) and the Lapis Blue (available on the 2016 WRX) look nearly identical, and are most certainly blue. The Plasma Blue Pearl available on the 2012-2014 WRX often looks quite purple.
    Plasma Blue Pearl Thread - NASIOC

Quote Originally Posted by Bman1632 View Post
    It's not the Lapis blue, but there are plenty of comparison shots between the Galaxy Blue and Rally Blue here.
    2015 Subaru WRX exterior photo page
    - Dave

2012 pbp WRX premium

Please post pics when you get them on!!!! Honestly I don't think you can go wrong here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.