2015 Thule roof rack/bike rack
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2015 Thule roof rack/bike rack within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey everyone, I'm trying to set up a roof rack on my new 2015 wrx but of course the rack ...

2015 Thule roof rack/bike rack

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to set up a roof rack on my new 2015 wrx but of course the rack I had on my outback sport doesn't work.

What I currently have are the crossroad feet with square bars and then a big mouth rack for my bike. From the research I've done it seems like none of my stuff will work except the bike part. The thule site suggests the clamps that sort of hook on the doors... but that doesn't seem right. I was sort of hoping that their aeroblades would connect directly into the car but apparently they don't.

Anyone have a roof rack on their wrx? What parts did you get?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I plan to skip the roof rack and get one of these once my 2016 WRX comes in:

Torklift Central | 2015 Subaru WRX/WRX-STI EcoHitch - Subaru - Find Your EcoHitch® - Trailer Hitch and Towing

(Unless someone with personal experience with one tells me a good reason not to!)

No roof rack here either. I've just never liked them compared to hitches for bikes, so unless you plan on tossing a storage compartment up there from time to time, a hitch is more subtle and doesn't ruin the car's lines. I plan to go with the torklift as well. It is a bit expensive though and even more so if you don't do the install yourself (which I'm not really equipped to do at home. The local "authorized" retailer (MN) quoted me 2 to 2.5 hrs labor totalling $250 to $310 just for the installation and I'd buy the part myself.

Hey, just reading about your roof rack dilemma.... I used to have a VW, used the Thule "clamp" style on it, worked fantastic! I now have a 2013 hatch back, it has the screw ports for the rack in the roof. If it didn't, I would deffiantly use the "clamp" style again. Fan of the roof rack! As for looks, I think it add too! Only think is, makes noise when driving fast or on a windy day and the sun roof is open.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image_1435081878229.jpg   image_1435081946611.jpg  

I just put on the Rhino rack vortex 2500 they are clamp on style but beside the clamp they look like the 2008 - 2014 oem style. they look sleek and are made to fit..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20150819_173028_1440295517213.jpg   20150819_173033_1440295553000.jpg   20150819_173109_1440295573240.jpg  

BUMP!!

@chavez - did you put anything between those metal clips and your paint??

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.