11-13 WRX/STI lower rear plastic piece product number?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 11-13 WRX/STI lower rear plastic piece product number? within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, I'm in need of help trying to identify the lower plastic piece of the rear bumper off of ...

11-13 WRX/STI lower rear plastic piece product number?

Hey guys, I'm in need of help trying to identify the lower plastic piece of the rear bumper off of a 11-14 hatch. Is it consider a diffuser? The previous owner attached a trailer hitch to the car and in order to get it to fit, he/she trimmed off the middle section of the plastic. I want to remove the hitch since I don't like the look nor am I going to use it (someone mentioned towing is really bad for the WRX/STI).

I plan on removing the hitch so I want to replace the trimmed plastic piece with a new one. I've tried looking for one but not knowing what it is call doesn't help much and any that I do randomly come across comes attached to a bumper. Does it have a particular part number I can find it by or is my best chance at finding one is getting a whole new rear bumper? I've attached some photos so you guys can see what I'm talking about.

Last edited by MinamiRX; 05-28-2015 at 08:01 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    https://www.subarupartsdepot.com/oem-subaru-parts.html

No luck you may need to get a new bumper or find a broken one a scavenge parts
    cant tell if its removable or not

or put something like this might help take away from the trimmed area
    08 14 Impreza 5DR R205 Rear Bumper Diffuser Fiberglass | eBay
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Cobb Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Pads & Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley | Perrin Cold Air Intake

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX Build

Thanks, that might seem to be the only cheap alternative way I can go since getting a whole bumper wouldn't be worth all that hassle.

something else forever Germz to Japz's Avatar
    wait dumb question... but if you bought it from the dealer can they swap it with one of their parts or no?
    Speak Your Mind & Let Me Know

Hmmmm, I haven't asked but if I'm going off my common sense (which is most likely wront), they'll probably charge me at this point. I think it would of been a better request before the time of purchase.

something else forever Germz to Japz's Avatar
    ah ok fair enough lol
    Speak Your Mind & Let Me Know

I Support ClubWRX
    From the looks of the new pic it should be fine once the tow bar is taken off they just took a little bit off. so they can press up the bumper. I think you'll be fine wait till you see how the bumper looks with it off before buying anything that you may not need to.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Cobb Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Pads & Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley | Perrin Cold Air Intake

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX Build

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.