Fog Light Kits for 2015 WRX Base Model
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Fog Light Kits for 2015 WRX Base Model within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Anyone have experience or insight into how the various fog light kits for a base model (one without fogs) compare? ...

Fog Light Kits for 2015 WRX Base Model

Anyone have experience or insight into how the various fog light kits for a base model (one without fogs) compare? I've found at least two:

Of course, one on SubiSpeed:

2015 Subaru WRX Complete Fog Light Kit for Base Models

The other I saw is ProLightz (have to buy housings):

2015 WRX & STI Fig Lights Installation Kit.

Any other options? Thoughts? It's been about a year and the plastic covers still look goofy to me. I wish it came with a mesh or something that looks decent.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Honestly, those are about your only options, unless you go with Morimoto from theretrofitsource.com

Morimoto XB LED Fog lights

With that, you'd still have to get the oem plastic bezel, which is still pretty cheap.

edit, it looks like prolightz has the option to add morimoto led foglights, that would be an ideal kit but it's still around 350 bucks.
    Last edited by .ken; 05-17-2015 at 05:32 PM.

I have a limited but switched to the Xb led fogs and they are bright and not blinding. GL
    SOLD TDCTUNED 290WHP@255TQ RA Gears & 2nd Motor, 2002 wrx
    SOLD 345WHP@340WTQ 2007 Legacy GT Brentuned stage 2.5
    2015 WRX Limited Stock

Does anyone know if the base 2015 have any sort of wiring in place for fogs or do you have to do some sketchy wire tapping and running through the fire wall and all that. Pretty much what Subispeed does in their video?

The base model isn't " fully " pre-wired for the fog lights.

You will need to get the fog light harnesses ( fog lights plug into it ) , the switch and the relay.

This kit includes everything you need for a clean install ( even the installation instructions ) :
    http://www.prolightz.com/index.php/s...laion-kit.html

I just got my fog light from subispeed installed. However, they screwed up my order and sent one of olm hid bulb with 4300k which I ordered 5000k. Surprisingly, subispeed responded me back after a few hours later after I sent my email with complaint, and they shipped another bulb out next day. Here is the ordering list. I upgraded to glass housing with 5000K OLM HID kit and OEM Bezel. I ordered "add a fuse" which I don't really need it but to avoid 30dollar shipping charge.

I was extremely happy with clean installation, which was done by Rally expert in Rancho Cucamonga CA, and it took about 2 hours to finish installing.
    Last edited by 6spdtls; 07-23-2015 at 07:55 PM.

bringing back an old thread, but how much did they charge for the install?

Quote Originally Posted by jgatz View Post
    bringing back an old thread, but how much did they charge for the install?
    It's anywhere from 150~200. i was charged 150. if you want a clean install, just show the guy subispeed instruction video. it helps alot.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.