-Hood Pins- help, please
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on -Hood Pins- help, please within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm trying to find a set of hood pins for a 2007 STI that look as close to the Hotchkis ...

Vez

-Hood Pins- help, please

I'm trying to find a set of hood pins for a 2007 STI that look as close to the Hotchkis (Hotchkis® 1760 - Hood Pin Kit) in both quality and appearance, that I can find.

I am looking for a silver/brushed silver/gray set which uses a lanyard. I know there are other options...Aerocatch, locking pins, etc., but those are not what I'm trying to find. I looked at the Spectre, Daystar, Drake, Mr. Gasket, and Moroso, but none of them meet the criteria. I also don't want a cotter pin, I'd like a thick, pin like the Hotchkis or Drake pins. If I can find that AND have it lock, even better, but none of the locking pins I've seen need a lanyard, and I'm specifically looking for that.

Am I chasing a non-existent set of hood pins? Even if I would be crazy enough to buy the Hotchkis for the ridiculous amount they charge, does anyone know if the Universal Kit will fit my car?

Thank you.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #081
    I'm the only person born a Pirate and trained as a Ninja; I sometimes don't get along with myself..
    2007 UGM WRX STI Ltd. #081/800

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

For External Use Only irickchad's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Why do you need them?
    The Anti-N00b. Use "Search", YES, you need a tune. NO, you don't need a BOV. Don't try to make you car shoot fire, and change your freaking oil.

If it isn't just for looks and you need them as part of a regulation for a track local to you then ask there as they will probably have tons of options or know what works best. If you are thinking about them because of hood flutter consider jeep has side latches and a center latch and the hood will still flutter bad enough to startle you at times.

Vez
    Thanks for your posts, suggestions, and advice. It really doesn't matter why I need them, I asked because I was hoping someone is able to answer my questions. While I appreciate everyone trying to guide me, I'm really just looking for answers to the questions. Thanks, again!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #081
    I'm the only person born a Pirate and trained as a Ninja; I sometimes don't get along with myself..

Buy whatever pins you like then buy lanyards they sell them separately and you can get nice coated ones that dont scratch.

The drake ones work very well though i had a pair on my gt500

Vez
    Thank you.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #081

For External Use Only irickchad's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    WHY you need them would sort of guide our suggestions, some are for lucks, some are for function, so yes, it did matter why you needed them.
    The Anti-N00b. Use "Search", YES, you need a tune. NO, you don't need a BOV. Don't try to make you car shoot fire, and change your freaking oil.

Vez
    I respectfully must say you are simply wrong; it does not matter why I want them to answer my questions. I know what I want and I asked if there is a product which matches my description, nothing more.

While I appreciate your attempt to make sure I have the right product for my purpose, I do not need that. I don't claim to be a Car Guru by any means, but this isn't my first rodeo, either, which is why I phrased it so explicitly. I know the plethora of opinions and flames that follow hood pin questions (along with BOV, EWG, etc. etc.).
    To avoid posts like these, asking me WHY and offering other options, I tried to be as specific as possible, asking straight-forward questions as not to waste anyone's time. Please read the post again.

I asked if the hood pins I described exist or not. I also asked if there were anything that resembled my description. If you could answer these questions, that would be great. If you can't, then I appreciate you taking the time to read the post and trying to offer help.
    Last edited by Vez; 04-30-2015 at 10:49 AM.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #081

It matters because if you have to use them to hold your hood down and we recommend one to meet your needs based only off looks and not quality your screwed. I've seen several crap sets fail and send a hood into the windshield.

Vez
    Yes, I understand this.

I asked a question. I am looking for an answer which provides me with this information. Ask question, (ideally) get answer. No one needs to know why I'm asking the question to answer it; it's irrelevant. Pretend it's the missing set in my collection if it'll make it easier to provide the information I asked. I understand people want to give advice, and at times it's warranted. This is not one of those times; I did not ask for it and have repeatedly and respectfully tried to make that clear. It's ones and zeros. Either, you can answer it or you can't.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #081

Look what part is it you want to match, the black hood clips? Most every set I've ever seen looks the same, if you want the fancy design on the protectors I've not seen one exactly like that. Some are just flat. I believe its ring brothers that had a set that looked similar and you can get in black as well.

I only asked the purpose because if you were using them for function and you get a crap looks only kit you'll be back crying because your hood launched.

Vez
    Thank you for the lead. I'll check into Ring Brothers
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #081

Also look into ones listed for other vehicles, mustangs, camaros, etc. Typically you can make non universal kits work because they tend to work in similar ways and you just mount them differently.

Now that there is a lead, good luck. Remember cheap, fast, reliable pick two.

Vez
    Thank you, again, for your help; it's appreciated. Have a great weekend!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #081

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.