Back to new headlights
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Back to new headlights within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I figured I would try buffing my headlights before buying new ones > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEJbKLZ7RmM Attachment 194001 The pics do not ...

Back to new headlights

I figured I would try buffing my headlights before buying new ones > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEJbKLZ7RmM
    Attachment 194001Click image for larger version. 

Name:	headlightafter.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	194009
    The pics do not even do it justice. The lights look new, like glass.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20150406_164014.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

something else forever Germz to Japz's Avatar
    psh it looks good!

nice work!
    Speak Your Mind & Let Me Know

I Support ClubWRX
    Awesome work! Did you end up using one of those out of the box kits? I've always wondered how those work in the end...

...BECAUSE RALLY CAR

Current Build: 2015 WRX Premium - WRB

I Support ClubWRX
    What did you use? That looks great!
    Stinkeye member 520

Quote Originally Posted by strudinox View Post
    Awesome work! Did you end up using one of those out of the box kits? I've always wondered how those work in the end...

No kit. I have tried a few of those kits and not one of them lasted more than two months. I attached the link for direction up above, its a link to the YouTube video. It cost me under $10 and I have enough to do a few more pair of headlights. All you need is a few things;
    1-Spray bottle with water in it
    2-A piece or 1 sheet each of; 400 grit, 600 grit, 1500 grit and 2500 or 3000 grit sandpaper. For wet sanding
    3-Whatever you use to tape off the lights
    4-Isopropyl alcohol
    5-Rust-oleum Clear Gloss spray paint- the one that reads 2X also bonds to plastic. at the bottom of the can it should read> Fast Drying. Non-yellowing. UV Resistant <that is most important, ohh be sure to get the Gloss and not Matte.
    Check out the YouTube video. It took me 30 minutes a light! So easy anyone can do it. Actually my wife did her truck headlights and they came out looking brand new. This sure beats buying headlights, and really the pictures don't do it any justice. The headlights really do look brand new, I was amazed. Easy AND cheap? Usually too good to be true, but not this time. I may try and take the light apart and remove the yellow plastic inside. I am researching the type of buttle the lights are sealed with. If I get it down I will post a short how to. Thanks

Because Rally Car! Nice. Back in school (25 years ago. dam Im getting old) my buddy used to say "Because Race Car". I swear he coined that but I could be wrong. Because Rally Car is great! Thanks

The Guy On The Couch TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Nice work on those headlights.
    They look awesome.
    Nice rite up as well.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

Quote Originally Posted by TownLine500 View Post
    Nice work on those headlights.
    They look awesome.
    Nice rite up as well.
    Thanks Townline!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.