Trunk Swap HELP (Install)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Trunk Swap HELP (Install) within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm swapping with an STI soon and after swapping trunks will I be 100% good or is there anything else ...

Trunk Swap HELP (Install)

I'm swapping with an STI soon and after swapping trunks will I be 100% good or is there anything else I need to do? Some guy said I'll need new torsion bars??? Help please !

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    You don't need to swap the bars as well but its preferable. When performing the swap dont tighten the bolts all the way so you can align the trunk when its close. Its also preferable to park both cars back to back.
    its not difficult just search the internet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VigzKC5ji_0
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

It's a lot easier then it sounds. The hardest part is unclipping connectors...maybe the torsion bars.
    Again you will need his deck lid for the 3rd brake light and he'll need yours because he won't have the brake light anymore since it's the led in the low wing. So you'll also need his 3rd brake light assembly. I can take pics of the parts you'll need later if needed

Also the torsion bars do not need to be swapped out but it's a good idea to. The wrx are thinner and less torsion so the weight of the sti trunk will make it harder to open is all and the sti torsion bars will swing the wrx trunk open fast
    (After my swap I noticed that the trunk opened in its own all the way up pretty easily then the torsion bars settled and now I have to manually open the trunk, it doesn't just pop all the way up on its own so don't be alarmed)
    Stinkeye member 520

If you could send me the parts picture that'd be perfect man! And yeah not sure if I'll swap bars because it's not a big deal for me as long as the trunk opens but I'll ask the other guy when we meet

You won't have as much of an issue but he might
    They're really not hard...just make sure to have a tight grip on them, push towards the front of the car where the hook is, pull it out of the side where they settle in. Would help to definitely have a picture of how they sit installed as well. Took me a while to find an image and figure it out...plus I will say again...have a dam good grip on the bars. One sprung out and nailed me in the nose and head just missing my eye. Least to say I felt pretty dazed and a bit nautious afterwards
    Stinkeye member 520

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.