retrofit 04/05 wrx headlights
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on retrofit 04/05 wrx headlights within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i know this is semi all over the internet, but ive never retro fitted a headlight but i really want ...

retrofit 04/05 wrx headlights

i know this is semi all over the internet, but ive never retro fitted a headlight but i really want to do it. it seems semi easy but then again alot can go wrong. should i retrofit or just buy some projectors? i mean the retrofit looks so dope on our cars especially by lightwerkz but i cant justify shipping my headlights and paying 450$ to get them done. just know there are 20 things i can think of off the top of my head that are better to spend 450 on. suggestions?
    2005 WRX PSM l UEL aftermarket headers l Invida Catless DP l nameless Catback exhaust l cobb SF intake l Cobb Accessport V2B l Wingless Debadged Black trunk l XXR 527 Chromium Black 18x8.75 l Cobb Stage 2

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Defiantly retrofit you will be happy with the results. Its not difficult and since you have an older car there are more then enough guides and videos online. I went to Lightwerkz since it was close to my job and Caesar walked me through everything and was super helpful. It may seem intimidating but just read the guides and other peoples retrofit projects.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

yeah i saw caesars post on iwsti about it. which ones should i buy? i think i can do it im not worried about that i just want a quality piece. i want the whole conversion in one price lmao and were to buy
    2005 WRX PSM l UEL aftermarket headers l Invida Catless DP l nameless Catback exhaust l cobb SF intake l Cobb Accessport V2B l Wingless Debadged Black trunk l XXR 527 Chromium Black 18x8.75 l Cobb Stage 2

I Support ClubWRX
    Older thread but some info
    04/05 STi Retrofit Overview (Step By Step) - NASIOC
    Newer install with less modification
    2004 Subaru WRX Morimoto H1 Projector/HID Install
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    Best is to call him and he can give you the different options. If you have the money and willing to try it S2000 projectors are the way to go but there is a lot of work involved. Mini H1 or Morimoto D2S could work with maybe the E45 shourds for a cleaner look and some grey metlacast to smoke all the chrome in the headlights. and if you wanted to put some Halos you can always do that. I did mine came out under 500 with halos and butyle sealnt

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    I would call him and see what he can do. Maybe he has some old stock ballasts that work fine that could give you a deal on. Im not promising that but just an idea. He can work with you and you can get the project done in a weekend if your comfortable taking off your bumper.

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

hmm... alrighty ill have to call and see thanks for the info guess i just wanted to make sure what i was looking at would be right haha. i like the halo look too but not sure if i wana do it

do you have to modify the lighting to the stock wiring harness? or are they plug and play once mounted

I Support ClubWRX
    Just for the HID you would just use a wiring harness and relay. For mine when i did that even if my keys are out of the car I can still switch on the lights. If I leave my lights on and take out the keys they will be off until I put my key in so you would have to be careful about that since it would be directly be powered off of the battery.

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

hmmm alrighty cool ill call lightwerkz and see what they say. thanks again!

Can't ever go wrong with a proper hid retrofit. I've had it done on almost all my cars.

I just retrofitted my 14 with the TRS retro quick kit. It was a bit more involved than they led me to believe as I had to enlarge the holes on the mountain ting brackets and Mod the new projectors a bit but overall it was an easy project.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

I Support ClubWRX
    For the 06-14 is to obtain OEM STI HID projectors. I was lucky enough to get a set and was really simple. Now of course they aren't as nice as the TSX or other types but was very simple. I also made sure to get the clear lenses. Though if you get the D2S or Mini H1 they already have clear lenses. I want to try my hand at using S2K projectors by far has to be the nicest and wides beam though again a lot more custom modding.

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Prolightz has OEM sti projectors. They also have new and used OEM ballasts.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.