Subaru WRX Forum banner

2010 Subaru WRX WRB - how to make my narrowbody look better

28K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Mitch08WRX 
#1 ·
Mine is completely stock right now... I have been looking around on the forums and trying to get ideas for what I could do.

Just a few things I could think of off the top of my head...

1) do something with the grille, either paint it black or change it out to an aftermarket. Also, add red pinstripe to accent.

I found this: 08 09 10 Subaru Impreza WRX Matt Black Front Grille JDM Sport Grill Mesh STI | eBay

but any idea how I would go about installing the emblem on that grille?

2) add a front lip

3) hella supertones.

4) customizing the subaru emblems to a different color (chrome stars, blue background) maybe red background, leave the chrome stars.

5) WHEELS. i'm a noob when it comes to this department. What wheels are nice on my car? Throw up some links to pics. I would also want to put summer tires on whatever new rims I get and put winter tires on my stock rims... Sooo, offer me suggestions on rim and tire size!!

6) Suspension. I was recommended to go with ISC N1 coilovers, so that's what I'll probably do eventually. I'm not crazy about stance, but I do think it would look so much better a little bit lower.

if anyone has any pics of mods on the narrowbody wrb specifically, could you link me (or upload them)! that would be cool. Also, just give some opinions on what you think looks good. Mods that are cheap and easy to do are always awesome!

Thanks!! :D

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Subaru

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Subaru Sedan

See less See more
#5 ·
In all honesty that is a good looking car. The premium package looks nice on the narrow body. I didn't have the nice side skirts, front bumper, or rear bumper addition on my old 2008. Like others said..chrome trim delete, tint, black out the chrome strip on trunk (or plastidip it black), possible de-badge on trunk (I left the WRX), etc. I did also have Hella's and the red pin stripe on my grille. Oh, and mudflaps were a must for where I live. Along with that, I had Bremmer Kraft BR10's 18" Rims with 245's, Lowered with Eibach Pro Kit springs. Unless you want to roll/pull the fenders I would research what offset you would need along with tire width for new rims. I still had to roll my front fenders in which I did not initially plan on doing... WRB is amazing it doesn't take much to make it look good, if anything. I had to have a wide body though ;) Pic's of my 08 below if you care to see what anything looks like to some extent.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Rim

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Subaru Hood

#6 · (Edited)
In all honesty that is a good looking car. The premium package looks nice on the narrow body. I didn't have the nice side skirts, front bumper, or rear bumper addition on my old 2008. Like others said..chrome trim delete, tint, black out the chrome strip on trunk (or plastidip it black), possible de-badge on trunk (I left the WRX), etc. I did also have Hella's and the red pin stripe on my grille. Oh, and mudflaps were a must for where I live. Along with that, I had Bremmer Kraft BR10's 18" Rims with 245's, Lowered with Eibach Pro Kit springs. Unless you want to roll/pull the fenders I would research what offset you would need along with tire width for new rims. I still had to roll my front fenders in which I did not initially plan on doing... WRB is amazing it doesn't take much to make it look good, if anything. I had to have a wide body though ;) Pic's of my 08 below if you care to see what anything looks like to some extent.
View attachment 176090
View attachment 176098
I need help choosing rims and tires! If I go with ISC coilovers (ISC Suspension 08+ Subaru Impreza WRX STI N1 Basic Coilovers) and wanted to drop just a little, what could I get away with running? Honestly I like the look of meaty tires, so I don't really see the point in having super wide rims.

I like the Rota Grids, but i'm not sure what finish would look best.

#8 ·
If you want just a slight drop you would be better off with a nice spring or spring/strut setup. I can almost guarantee you will have to roll all four fenders if you wanted an 18x8.5 rim, especially lowered on coil overs. Not to mention you like beefy tires you said, so expect rolling all four corners at a minimum. There is a wheel thread for the narrow body's on NASIOC in which I will link below. When I was buying my rims I didn't get much advice from here, the NASIOC thread answered all my questions. For tires that is completely up to you, i'm assuming they will be your summer set? I went with Toyo Proxes 4+ and are by far the best performance/all season tire I have had yet. They are not cheap, but are not overly expensive either. Not to mention they have little to no road noise compared to the stock (IMO terrible) dunlops the wrx comes with.

The 08-10 WRX (non STi) 17"/18" wheels thread - NASIOC

#10 ·
#11 ·
With 17's and stock suspension (or mild drop) you can run wider tires without having to roll the fenders. But if you do plan on a 1.5" drop or more (coil overs) you will need to roll. I would personally get 18's but that's just me. Get a nice all season performance tire.. Never can go wrong with Michelin. Like I said Earlier, I love my toyo proxes. Its up to you based on how much your budget is and what you want.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.