03 Subaru WRX new stuff plus TMIC questions
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 03 Subaru WRX new stuff plus TMIC questions within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; whatsup guys, i've finally got to a point where i have lots of free time to work on my soobie. ...

03 Subaru WRX new stuff plus TMIC questions

whatsup guys, i've finally got to a point where i have lots of free time to work on my soobie. i currently have an 03 wrx (looks like 04 wrx cuz of front end conversion) I have a full TB exhaust, uppipe, cobb short ram intake, lowered 2" in front and 1/2" in back on tein sprigs,after market wheels, front and rear strut bars, front mount intercooler, STI wing and carbon fiber hood. the guy before me did all the exhaust parts and front mount intercooler, pretty sure both are Ebay.. not sure if it matters even, (sounds and performs good). but would getting a better brand benefit a lot? I also have a cobb v3 access port running the stage 2 map. pretty sure the tune isn't meant for that front mount intercooler so i need a specific tune on my access port for the front mount orrrr, i heard i would be a little faster and perform better with a top mount. i have a shop near me that can give me a custom tune on the AP for an STI tmic if i got that. (just because they're probably much better than oem wrx tmic). other than those 2 things what else would benefit my soobie a lot? (performance,looks on exterior and interior, go faster parts)? just comment me your guys's opinions! thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The STi intercooler is better than the WRX version but I don't know how appreciably better it really will be in your situation. I also agree that your current map almost certainly doesn't account for the FMIC. Run some math and see what it'd cost you to either get a map for your current parts or switch parts and run an off the shelf map (less performance likely) or a custom map (likely better) for the new parts (i.e. the TMIC if you can't map the FMIC yo uhave now).
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Repost.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Repost.

+1

I already replied to the other post.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.