2015 WRX Side Mirror Swap???
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2015 WRX Side Mirror Swap??? within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, anyone know if it is at all possible for the 2015 wrx to have a side mirror swap ...

2015 WRX Side Mirror Swap???

Hey guys, anyone know if it is at all possible for the 2015 wrx to have a side mirror swap to STI side mirrors or any other aftermarkets with turn signals built in? is it even wired to do so? I am still waiting on my order to come in and this is a mod that I would really like to do if it's realistic. Thanks in advance for any input!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I work at a car dealership that sells Subies and I just asked the service advisor if it is even possible. His response was that anything you want to do to your car (within reason) is possible, depending of course on how much you're willing to shell out for it. To re-wire a side view mirror to have the turn signal light inside of it is not cheap plus the cost of the actual assembly. So to answer your question, I do believe it can be done but I don't think it would make sense to do it for the cost. Again this is just coming from my service department, I'm sure there are people that can do it for less and maybe even make it cost effective, but just passing along the info I was given. Hope it helps.

They probably already have the wiring harness in it. Can't tell you for sure but subaru usually does that. The trunks in the previous gen came with both for the sti wing for the 3rd brake light and the wrx for the low rise wing led
    Stinkeye member 520

I'm willing to bet the wiring is already there. You just need the proper mirrors to connect to it. Subaru is known to leave wiring in all models. For example; non fog light models have all the wiring...you just have to get the fogs and the proper switches and install.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I'm willing to bet the wiring is already there. You just need the proper mirrors to connect to it. Subaru is known to leave wiring in all models. For example; non fog light models have all the wiring...you just have to get the fogs and the proper switches and install.
    That should save a few bucks on my end then
    Stinkeye member 520

just came across this on youtube....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqtSpJerlIY

I got a 500 internal server error code
    Stinkeye member 520

"2015 STI mirror cap install on WRX" search that in youtube if you can't access the link

Ya from the looks of it it may also be swappable. It's on connector so since the sti has the light the wiring will already be in place
    Stinkeye member 520

2015 Subaru wrx or 2015 Subaru STi?
    This question is for any true Subaru enthusiasts... Would you rather go for a 2015 WRX or 2015 STi? Is the STi worth it this year? I know the new WRX has a the new FA20DIT engine while the STi is still using the EJ25 motor.. I would plan to do mods and upgrades to either or, but does the FA motor have more tuning potential then the EJ? Is the hydraulic steering of the STi worth the extra price over the electric steering you get in the WRX? Any opinions are appreciated. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by John H. Sanders View Post
    2015 Subaru wrx or 2015 Subaru STi?
    This question is for any true Subaru enthusiasts... Would you rather go for a 2015 WRX or 2015 STi? Is the STi worth it this year? I know the new WRX has a the new FA20DIT engine while the STi is still using the EJ25 motor.. I would plan to do mods and upgrades to either or, but does the FA motor have more tuning potential then the EJ? Is the hydraulic steering of the STi worth the extra price over the electric steering you get in the WRX? Any opinions are appreciated. Thank you!
    Nice spam
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Research it in your own thread
    Stinkeye member 520

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.