Help / Question - Need new bulbs for Orciari headlights

This is a discussion on Help / Question - Need new bulbs for Orciari headlights within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I need some new bulbs, but honestly I'm all and about what I need. I picked up some used Orciari ...

Question Help / Question - Need new bulbs for Orciari headlights

I need some new bulbs, but honestly I'm all and about what I need.

I picked up some used Orciari headlights, but no projector/halogen bulbs were included, but all sources point to Hella H7 bulbs...

So, for the projector bulbs, are these what I need?
    Amazon.com: HELLA HLA-H83145031 H7 12V/55W Halogen Bulb: Automotive

Here's a picture of the connectors.

Moving on, the HID bulbs have me really confused, and I can't seem to find anything to replace them. The ballast is made by Philips (with SiJ branding) and the bulb has "SIJ H7 HID" marked on the plastic. The bulb seemed hardwired into the wires though, so it doesn't seem like it's a matter of popping the bulbs out and putting new ones in.

The only thing I can find that looks like what I need are these.
    http://www.dx.com/p/philips-h7-35w-6000k-3600lm-white-light-hid-headlamps-set-dc-12v-pair

Any help would be much appreciated!
    PS3/360 ID: Zapix

MIA Western Mass Impreza Club / MIA Connecticut Impreza Club

My 2002 WRB WRX

2003 Northeast Subaru Impreza Club Regional Meet

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    this may help FS: (For Sale) Orciari WRC Headlights with HID low beams, 02-03 Bugeyes only (SOLD) - NASIOC

I attpears to take an H7 or H9 bulb. If I were you I would just get a HID bulb and ballast set in either H7 or H9 and wire the kit. You may also want to post on a forum such as HID planet they may have more experience with that connector.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Figured out the HID bulbs. I took apart the casing around the ballast to find the model number, LVQ 212-L300. It says D2S/D2R bulbs... But that didn't make much sense because the connections were not the same. Looking that up I found out a few guys back in the day had the same problem finding out what they needed. That's how I figured out they're AMP connectors. Seems from looking at ebay, I'm missing some AMP to D2S/D2R adapter that seems to come with all of them.

With that in mind, I have 2 options!

1. get the AMP to D2S/D2R adapter plugs, which means I can use any 35w D2S/D2R bulb I want (as long as I use a D2 to H7 bulb adapter ring)

2. Pick up some HID bulbs with AMP connections... For example, Morimoto H7 3Five bulbs.

Ordering some standard H7 halogen bulbs, and assuming they'll work.

EDIT:
    And I've gone with option 1. Saw several posts that said there is no comparing Philips HID bulbs to Morimoto. So spent more money and got Philips 6000k D2S bulbs, AMP to D2S cables, and D2S to H7 adapter rings. Oh am I glad to have this crap solved! Several steps closer to doing more than just reviving my 02 WRX from the dead :P

UPDATE:
    Nope, those are certainly not AMP on the ballast/hid. Don't know what they are. Some kind of KET maybe. FTS, I bought new ballasts with AMP connectors on Amazon.
    Last edited by Zapix; 08-27-2014 at 06:35 PM.
    PS3/360 ID: Zapix

MIA Western Mass Impreza Club / MIA Connecticut Impreza Club

My 2002 WRB WRX

2003 Northeast Subaru Impreza Club Regional Meet