crossbar question

This is a discussion on crossbar question within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Are hatch and 4 door crossbar sizes interchangeable? Cause I checked out some OEM crossbars supposedly off a same year ...

crossbar question

Are hatch and 4 door crossbar sizes interchangeable? Cause I checked out some OEM crossbars supposedly off a same year wrx hatch and no way were they fitting my sedan. One was much longer (or wider however you look at it), the mounts on my sedan look about the same distance apart. Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Please do not buy a set of factory crossbars.... i have gone through three sets of them in a year and a half

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby_newbie View Post
    Please do not buy a set of factory crossbars.... i have gone through three sets of them in a year and a half
    Just can't stay away from them huh They bending on you?

Over a year on my factory roof rack and not a single problem.

I thought that the sedan and 5-dr crossbars were the same.

A quick search yields: Impreza (2.5L) Fixed Roof Carrier Cross Bar Kit 2008-2014, SubaruGenuineParts.com

Hrrrmmm. The racks I was checking out must have been from another model. From what I saw the oem crossbars looked just as good as any yakima/Thule I've ever owned... Newbie: what did you do to go through three sets of racks!?