ANY CLEAR BRAS INSTALLED ON A 2015 WRX?

This is a discussion on ANY CLEAR BRAS INSTALLED ON A 2015 WRX? within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; anyone put a clear bra on their 2015 WRX yet? appreciate any tips and some pics, thanks !!!...

ANY CLEAR BRAS INSTALLED ON A 2015 WRX?

anyone put a clear bra on their 2015 WRX yet? appreciate any tips and some pics, thanks !!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Are you self installing?

just ordered a new WRX, no garage, so i'm leaning towards having a vendor install it when the car's being prep'd for delivery at the dealership

I would love to. However the price of a clear bra in my area cost about as much as a paint job.

I put a clear bra on my 2015. And my brother put one on his too. I posted a pic of both of ours in the Member Gallery. They're on page 172. Do you have any specific questions?

Zance: what film did you use? Did you have to use any advanced heat stretching techniques? Trying to gauge the difficulty of installing a pre cut kit

Quote Originally Posted by Zance View Post
    I put a clear bra on my 2015. And my brother put one on his too. I posted a pic of both of ours in the Member Gallery. They're on page 172. Do you have any specific questions?
    i looked at the pics on p.172 but couldn't really make out the clear bras ... do you have close-up pics? i'm getting a CWP and was wondering if the seam lines show differently compared to a darker color like WRB. what brand did you install? i heard Expel "self heals" better than 3M, any truth to that? thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by old school View Post
    i looked at the pics on p.172 but couldn't really make out the clear bras ... do you have close-up pics? i'm getting a CWP and was wondering if the seam lines show differently compared to a darker color like WRB. what brand did you install? i heard Expel "self heals" better than 3M, any truth to that? thanks!
    Well the whole point of a clear plastic bra is to NOT see it, haha. So it's good that you don't see it. I don't think it would show up more on a CWP. I have the Xpel film. It's supposed to self heal. I don't know how well it works cause I haven't scratched it, but I assume it works based on reviews of the product. I did NOT put the film on myself. I had someone do it for me, so I don't know anything about the difficult of putting it on

well, my dealer just told me that the local installer they use said that they stopped using 3M Scotchguard Pro because of adhesion problems ... anyone else know about this issue? thks

Quote Originally Posted by Rexjust8 View Post
    I would love to. However the price of a clear bra in my area cost about as much as a paint job.
    You're quite right! Just got a quote from a local Expel dealer: $1,300 for full hood, fenders, mirrors, front bumper and headlights. I'm guessing it's Expel Ultimate. That is a healthy chunk of change, but for peace-of-mind? I hate these decisions!

before it's decision time, i'm starting to have 2nd thoughts: "What does the XPEL ULTIMATE 10 year warranty cover?" (FAQ question on Xpel's website):

'XPEL warrants XPEL ULTIMATE Paint Protection Film to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for ten (10) years from the date of purchase. Covered defects include: yellowing, staining, cracking, blistering and delaminating. This warranty does not extend coverage to damage caused by normal wear and tear, road debris impact, accidents, collisions or intentional damage of any kind.'

Road debris impact: to me, that's the whole point to installing this stuff. what good is it if you're gonna need a paint job in 3 - 5 years (daily driving in the Northeast) whether you have paint protection film installed or not?

Bill Freakin Murray TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    The coating is worth having I have the venture shield by 3 M.
    No issues after almost 2 years. My Moms 09 Impreza, is dinged and chipped/scratched from highway commute.
    I added a Subaru deflector to front, much better now.
    You have to get something if your WRX is your daily driver.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html