Headlight housing and reflector paint?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Headlight housing and reflector paint? within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Other than high temp resistant, does anyone have any recommendations for what I need to do this baking job? Is ...

Headlight housing and reflector paint?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yellow housings.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	121.1 KB 
ID:	160369
    Other than high temp resistant, does anyone have any recommendations for what I need to do this baking job?
    Is this something I can pick up at home depot or lowes?
    I want the black housings and the inner reflector to be yellow...
    Something like this....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	white wrx headlights.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	156.7 KB 
ID:	160353
    The separation, is in the preparation.-Russell C Wilson-

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX

I Support ClubWRX
    I would get some Butyl Sealant to help reseal the headlight but you can always just go with silicone
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

I had mine professionally done . My high beams are yellow like this . I love mine

Quote Originally Posted by Wrxchick1676 View Post
    I had mine professionally done . My high beams are yellow like this . I love mine
    Where did you get yours done? How much did it cost? Any issues?
    2014 Subaru WRX WRB Stage 1
    Stink-Eye Mob # 1.618

Previous Vehicles: 2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i; 1997 Ford Mustang Cobra; 1998 Audi A4 1.8T; 1995 Ford Mustang
    A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster. - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by Nayrb37 View Post
    Where did you get yours done? How much did it cost? Any issues?
    I'm going to pm u

I Support ClubWRX
    Really not that hard Nayrb37, did mine a few weeks ago and its just time consuming really. Give yourself a weekend to do it. Click the link I posted and follow step by step, the paint you need to purchase is in there as well. The only thing you need to get in addition is the Butyl Sealant, as cflip2x mentioned. Will cost you $40 for supplies and the satisfaction you did it yourself is free

Quote Originally Posted by GRBOXR View Post
    Really not that hard Nayrb37, did mine a few weeks ago and its just time consuming really. Give yourself a weekend to do it. Click the link I posted and follow step by step, the paint you need to purchase is in there as well. The only thing you need to get in addition is the Butyl Sealant, as cflip2x mentioned. Will cost you $40 for supplies and the satisfaction you did it yourself is free
    Thanks, I typically do my own installs, but messing with the headlight seal makes me nervous. Off hand I don't know how much a replacement light is, but I would imagine they aren't cheap!
    2014 Subaru WRX WRB Stage 1
    Stink-Eye Mob # 1.618

Previous Vehicles: 2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i; 1997 Ford Mustang Cobra; 1998 Audi A4 1.8T; 1995 Ford Mustang
    A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster. - Jeremy Clarkson

Really not hard. Put them in the oven for a while at about 250
    You can re use the old sealant too..I did but I'm also replacing the lens sometime down the road
    Stinkeye member 520

Yea WRX chick also Pm'd me about Modgeeks.
    For me personally this wasn't the best route. Even for people who are unsure about DIY, I would recommend just taking your time. After looking at the link posted here and pricing materials, I'm not gonna buy an extra set of headlights, then ship them to Maine, then pay for a retrofit and labor. That's like 500-700 dollars just to make them look cool and function less.

I guess I could've found this stuff easy, I just didn't know if anyone had a less tedious route. Thx all.
    The separation, is in the preparation.-Russell C Wilson-

Modgeeks m dvnt are 2 diff people . I didn't send my lights in . I had a set done n then swapped them out for my stock pair .

If dine properly and a proper retrofit it won't diminish any function or performance of the lights. Definitely take your time though. I spent a weekend doing it...much longer then needed but I just had all that time. You can easily get it done in a few hours
    Stinkeye member 520

I Support ClubWRX
    I think there is some confusion...

Sounds like OP was looking to paint his housings, not get a retrofit. If you went through the thread you would see that Overland04 (Thread starter) offers to paint housings for members for $175+ shipping. Headlight Housing Painting | Overland Designs

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.