2015 WRX/STI LED conversions Interior & Exterior
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2015 WRX/STI LED conversions Interior & Exterior within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I posted this in another thread but thought it deserved its own...... I replaced just about every bulb in the ...

2015 WRX/STI LED conversions Interior & Exterior

I posted this in another thread but thought it deserved its own......

I replaced just about every bulb in the car with LEDs from superbrightleds.com. Heres a run down of all the PNs from there site:

DRL (2) - HB3-WHP28-DRL
    Turn signals (4) - 7440-A45-T Amber
    Reverse lights (2) - WLED-WHP10 Cool White
    License plate (2) - WLED-WHP5 Cool White
    Dome light (1) - 3022-CWHP4 Cool White
    Map light (2) - 3022-CWHP4 Cool White
    Trunk light (1) - WLED-WHP5 Cool White
    Vanity light (2) - 3710-CWHP3
    Flasher for turn signals - CF18-08 8 Pin Black Toyota Flasher

Do not try to install 7440-A3W-G for your turn signals....they will not fit through the hole in the housing. I found this out the hard way and had to return them.

The vanity lights needed to be somewhat forced in because the diameter of the bulb is slightly larger than the stock bulb. They work and stay put once you get them in there, but it requires a little force.

I didnt change anything with the fog lights... I dont really care for the overly bright and excessive headlight look. The LED headlights are plenty bright enough (almost too bright). Subiespeed sells an OLM fog light kit that replaces the entire housing/lens.

Provided by Rainking:
    Bulb Types:

High Beam Headlight: HB3 (9005)
    Low Beam Headlight (w/out LED headlights): H11 (H8, 881)
    Parking Light (w/out LED headlights): W5W (168/194)
    Front Fog Light: H16 NOTE: Owners manual is WRONG. 2015 WRX & STI use PGJ19-3 base as opposed to the 5202/9009.
    Front Turn Signal Light: WY21W (7440)
    Front Side Marker Light: W5W (168/194)
    Rear Turn Signal: WY21W (7440)
    Backup Light: W16W (921, 955, T15)
    Rear Side Marker Light: W5W (168/194)
    License Plate Light: W5W (168/194)
    Cargo/Trunk Light: W5W (168/194)
    Map Light: DE3175
    Rear Dome Light: DE3175
    Visor/Vanity Light: 6614/6614F 6641/6641F NOTE: Owners manual is WRONG. Visor/Vanity Lights are 29mm fuse-style bulbs

Hopefully this can help whoever is looking to replace their halogens with LEDs.
    15' WRX Limited - Stock

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice write up, very useful. If you get a chance you should post some pics, would love to see how this turned out. Especially if you have before/after.

I dont have any before pics but I can try to take a vid of all the lights on and flashing
    15' WRX Limited - Stock

Awesome guide man! Thank you 1000x for posting this!

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBostwick View Post
    Awesome guide man! Thank you 1000x for posting this!
    Quote Originally Posted by VelociReX View Post
    Nice write up, very useful. If you get a chance you should post some pics, would love to see how this turned out. Especially if you have before/after.
    Sure no problem guys. Im glad its helpful and its being utilized.

I still havent had a good opportunity to make a quick vid of what it all looks like..... Ill get around to it soon
    15' WRX Limited - Stock

thanks for the write up very useful.
    I just got in some of my LEDs in. holy cow those vanity lights are super bright.

Has somebody made a similar guide for 2012 and similar WRXs and STi's?

Hey guys if you're looking for good custom equipment for your car, check out redlinegoods.com. They did a great job on my boot and now it matches the red stitching in my 2009 WRX. Check out some of their work
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	redline boot.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	168122

The vanity light 3710-CWHP3 is discontinued. Do you know what else I can replace it with?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.