2015 WRX - Matte Black
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2015 WRX - Matte Black within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, I recently decided to have some Matte Black vinyl put on my Dark Gray Metallic WRX. Did the ...

2015 WRX - Matte Black

Hey guys,

I recently decided to have some Matte Black vinyl put on my Dark Gray Metallic WRX.
    Did the hood and the trunk - it looks sooooo sick in person!

Sorry for the dirty pics - will take some more once I've had a chance to detail it.

Planning on doing more in Matte Black.. And maybe even some Gloss Red accents (like the lip around the hood scoop, etc).

Anyway, just wanted to share some pics.

Big shout out to Nate and the crew at Ruthless Wraps in Austin, Texas - hands down the best place to go in Texas for vinyl work - super clean install!
    These guys are the sh*t: Ruthless Wraps

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo-1.jpg 
Views:	331 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	158409

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo-2.jpg 
Views:	322 
Size:	52.8 KB 
ID:	158417

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Looks nice . I have an 08 wrx. My roof is dipped matte black . I'm getting it removed and having it wrapped . The matte looks good with the DGM. That's the color of my car . I have yellow accents

i think the whole car should be wrapped with some of the red accents you were talking about! that would look awesome.

I was thinking about getting my car dipped in matte black, but I don't like the texture of plastidip - I wanted something 100% smooth, like paint.. So, I went with vinyl (as I didn't want to permanently change the cars color).

@Wrxchick1676 - I bet the yellow accents look dope! It looks like from your profile pic that you did the brakes in yellow? Thats awesome. I'm doing red accents, as the interior is all black with red stitching - really love the new look of these WRXs.

@speedtown - Man, I would love to wrap the whole thing.. Thats pushing $3k to do that though.
    I'd rather spend that money on a Cobb Stage I/II package once they become available ya know.

@wrxatx dip looks nice on the whole car but it's hard to keep up if it's not covered or in a garage . That is why I'm getting the dip off my roof . My wheels look great still after 2 years . Yup my calipers are yellow to go with my pin stripe on my grill and I have in my headlights . I got them redone . Also I have new overlays on my emblems . black n yellow

Oooh red accents will go great with the stitching . Bring it all together

Oooh thanks for the compliant )

3 grand?!?! damn that is pricey

I wrapped my entire 2015 WRX in matte black 3m. Anybody still interested in this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Doobaru View Post
    I wrapped my entire 2015 WRX in matte black 3m. Anybody still interested in this thread?
    yes... i would love to see pics

Cool, check it out...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141023_181123.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	123.6 KB 
ID:	175458

Quote Originally Posted by Doobaru View Post
    Cool, check it out...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141023_181123.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	123.6 KB 
ID:	175458
    That looks fantastic!

Looks much better than the OP's car. If I wanted my hood and trunk to look primered, I think I'd pay a chop shop to do it... Having the whole car looks SOOOOO much better.

Thanks guys!

I must say, I'm a fan of the fully matte black '15 WRX. Looks fantastic
    '15 DGM WRX
    Fuelly (MPG Tracking)

How did you do it?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.