Rally Sport mudflap installation

This is a discussion on Rally Sport mudflap installation within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; OK before I order some Rally Sport mudflaps I wanted to get an idea of the process. It looked not ...

Rally Sport mudflap installation

OK before I order some Rally Sport mudflaps I wanted to get an idea of the process. It looked not too difficult but maybe easier if you get the wheels off. Other than a couple the factory fasteners not getting reused does the car need any modifying, cutting, etc etc? I want a pretty simple bolt on thing and the video makes it appear so. But just wanting to get an idea. The rear ones look a bit tougher as there's fasteners near the exhaust.
    2013 Black STi Limited sedan

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I've installed them with my wheels on it's a pain in the arse but still possible!

Trust me when I say they protect your paint and keep your body clean I have a long dirt/gravel driveway so they save my car countless scratches and I've been lowered to the point where the rear mud flaps drag on the ground and show no wear only black from the asphalt.

2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

Man on man Subaru make some factory mudflaps! The part in the video where you have to pull on the lower bodywork and all... Doesn't look fun.

Just noticed in your videos you've got my car! Get out of my car!

Thanks for your videos. Was thinking about adding the Homelink mirror to my car and also the extended armrest.
    Last edited by grendels_wrx; 07-09-2014 at 04:38 PM.

I've installed mudflaps with and without the wheels mounted (wheels mounted on a 2011, wheels off on my 2006), easy enough with a ratcheting 90 degree screwdriver, though some parts may be better served by taking the wheels off. Granted, I went well above normal install when I put mine in my GD since I did end up ripping off the rears (backing into curbs and those cement things in parking spots started it, mudding finished the process) when I had the 2011 WRX. Mine are quite strongly mounted now with riv-nuts and bolts, shouldn't go anywhere.
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread
    http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/...ps665d9b9d.jpg
    Always dirty, never scurred......

I had installed these on my 11 and don't remember it being difficult at all. IIRC separating the panels was not a big deal. You just need one of those screwdrivers that has a 90' bend in it because with the wheels on you only have like an inch of gap to work with.
    Loosen the panels plastic screws and its easy to pull them apart.
    Steve // 2010 Cadillac CTS-V // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)

I Support ClubWRX
    Rally Armor :P
    easy enough just watch the videos and take your time.

And this is what Anxioz is talking about

or you can a ratcheting handle and use bits
    Last edited by cflip2x; 07-09-2014 at 05:04 PM.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

I love RA flaps, my third car with them, first Subie. It took me just shy of an hour, wheels on.

Drive like hell, you will get there faster!

Warranty friendly mods for now-
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ml#post3579257

Yep, that's the screwdriver I meant. I got a set of 5 of the first one for like $3.
    Steve // 2010 Cadillac CTS-V // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)

The second one is what I'm talking about. Much more useful than those angle ones.
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread
    http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/...ps665d9b9d.jpg
    Always dirty, never scurred......

Quote Originally Posted by cflip2x View Post
    Rally Armor :P
    easy enough just watch the videos and take your time.

And this is what Anxioz is talking about
    Heck never knew that existed. Could have come in handy in the past. Thanks. So basically I need this if I want to leave the wheels on?

Did you intentionally spell RallyArmor the british way and include a space in your signature?
    Last edited by grendels_wrx; 07-09-2014 at 08:29 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Sorry auto correct 😁 you don't need it but it helps you could bend the bracket a little and use a really stubby screw driver or a screw driver on a leather man double sided bit and pliers. You can even attach that one point first on the rear mudflap bracket. But again such a simple tool you can pick up at harbor freight or the impulse buy section of your logs auto store.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

I just installed mine on my 13 wrx and it wasn't bad , did it with the wheels on with no issues , just turn them the opposite direction of the side youre installing on. I used a ratchet with a driver bit and had no issues the rears are a little confusing getting the bracket the correct way. Other than a few small things they installed pretty easily. Pulling the trim off wasnt bad at all its like these cars are all snapped together anyways so it was easy pulling off and replacing. Like they said just take your time and it won't be an issue

Quote Originally Posted by fireguy220 View Post
    I just installed mine on my 13 wrx and it wasn't bad , did it with the wheels on with no issues , just turn them the opposite direction of the side youre installing on. I used a ratchet with a driver bit and had no issues the rears are a little confusing getting the bracket the correct way. Other than a few small things they installed pretty easily. Pulling the trim off wasnt bad at all its like these cars are all snapped together anyways so it was easy pulling off and replacing. Like they said just take your time and it won't be an issue
    Thanks. I assume no need to jack up car?

Nope did it in the driveway in about an hour the first side you do takes a bit longer but the other side goes pretty easy