Baked Headlights

This is a discussion on Baked Headlights within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Thinking about having my friend do it for my '13 WRX. 1. Is it safe for my headlights? 2. Is ...

Baked Headlights

Thinking about having my friend do it for my '13 WRX. 1. Is it safe for my headlights? 2. Is it permanent?- 3. If so, should i just do a precut film like i am for my taillights?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    What exactly are you trying to achieve?
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

To answer #3 baking the headlight and a precut film will be 2 separate modifications. If you want to change the color of the bezel inside of the lense then bake it and take it apart and paint it the color you choose. If you want to cover the lense with a film there is no need to bake the light and take it apart.

To answer #1 it is safe as long as its done correctly. I have done it on previous cars and never had an issue and it was done on my WRX in March and I still have no issues.

To answer #2 most of the time it is permanent because people use spray paint. If you don't want it to be permanent then you can use plastidip but if you decide to make a change ir make it permanent then you need to separate the light again.
    2014 Base WRB Hatchback
    - Dealer Options: short shifter, fog lights
    - Mods: Debadged, V-limited lip, gloss black headlights, Morimoto Angel Eyes

Future Plans
    - Audio, Exhaust, Suspension
    - Keep warranty as long as possible

Whitt11, where in FL are you located. I'm in Miami wanting to do more or less the same project and I'm trying to find someone nearby who can spray the inside of my 15' headlight black. I have the base model but just want to paint the inside black like most premiums, etc come with from factory. Of course willing to pay, that's not an option

Plastidip won't be good enough. It'll dry out faster then normal because of the heat. You need high temp paint.
    I prefer painting the housings so you don't lose light from the headlights. Have had them tinted before and it cuts visibility

If anyone in the FLA area who has a 2015 WRX base like me and would like to blackout the inside of their headlight I have a contact who can do the pair for $250. if you would like other work done he can also work some magic!

Here's some work that he has done on his buddy's G37. He resides between Miami/Fort Lauderdale if anyone is interested feel free to send me a PM.

Last edited by ssmaximuss; 08-01-2014 at 08:52 AM.