2015 WRX TSB Fuel Filler Door Fix
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2015 WRX TSB Fuel Filler Door Fix within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just bought a 2015 WRX, and when filling it up today the fuel filler door would not open. I ...

2015 WRX TSB Fuel Filler Door Fix

I just bought a 2015 WRX, and when filling it up today the fuel filler door would not open. I had to use a credit card to pry the door open. Searching the Subaru Technical Information website I found TSB 09-57-14, issued June 11, 2014, which describes a fix for this problem. It applies to all WRX and STI models made before April 23, 2014, with VINs earlier than 808794. It calls for new part number 51469VA000. It is a revised spring and new ring clip that should make the door pop open when the release lever is pulled. The TSB says it takes .5 hours and is covered under warranty.

I don't know if my dealer has this yet since it is so new. However, it is an annoyance worth fixing.

Love the car.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Same issue on my '15. Dealer said the part is back ordered until August...

I have the same issue with my 2015 WRX. Waiting for the part to come into the dealer so it can be fixed.

I Support ClubWRX
    I had a similar problem with my 12 I didn't bother bringing it to the dealership but the metal "spring" wasn't seated properly. I just bent it back and luckily it helped.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Same problem here.
    The dealer said it is a spring failure - the spring that forces the door open broke or lost tension.
    The part took like 3 weeks to get - ended up with a small scratch on my fuel door from having to pry that thing open. :/

Dude I hear ya, one reason why i've been driving slow to not have to refill or before leaving the house I would have the wife pull the gas door out as I'm holding the lever inside the car to avoid having to force it open LOL

just called my dealer and tomorrow morning will be getting it fixed

if there are any new buyers out there, CHECK THE GAS DOOR BEFORE DRIVING OFF THE DEALER!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    The 15 hinge point is different than 14 and before, so you can't push on the forward edge to open it. 2 people, one in one out works well. I am told upgrade parts not even in country yet, should be end of August

just got mine fixed today

I Support ClubWRX
    did dealer replace spring and clip with new parts? I was told parts are not in USA yet?

I Support ClubWRX
    Ive been using a credit card to "pry" open once unlocked.

Did anyone have an issue with the filler door being off center in the body? I have a month old 2015 WRX and my filler door opens correctly but it is slightly off center from the filler hole in the body. It's not a big deal but it kind of drives me a little crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenjoseph View Post
    Did anyone have an issue with the filler door being off center in the body? I have a month old 2015 WRX and my filler door opens correctly but it is slightly off center from the filler hole in the body. It's not a big deal but it kind of drives me a little crazy.
    Ya, mine is the same way.

I'm getting mine fixed next Wednesday. The part came in rather quickly.
    '15 DGM WRX premium, production #884. Rally armor flaps, axis sport excite 17" wheels, nameless axle back w/ delete, mishimoto cold air intake.

Is it a problem with the hinge? I was worried that they were going to need to replace the fuel door and that the color of the replacement wouldn't match?

From what they told me it is a part they ordered not the whole door, so I assume it's just the lever and or spring. Once I get it fixed next week I post what they did.
    '15 DGM WRX premium, production #884. Rally armor flaps, axis sport excite 17" wheels, nameless axle back w/ delete, mishimoto cold air intake.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast