15 WRX/STI tint price
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 15 WRX/STI tint price within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey everyone! Im interested in getting my windows tinted on my 15 WRX here within the next week or two. ...

15 WRX/STI tint price

Hey everyone! Im interested in getting my windows tinted on my 15 WRX here within the next week or two. I just started looking around and getting some price quotes. It seems like most of the premium line of tints is gonna cost somewhere in the mid $300s. Does that sound right?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Seems pretty high, I live in Ohio and its about 150-200 for lifetime warranty tint from decent shops

That is really high. A reputable shop used premium materials for a 20% tint and it ran me $175. This is in Long Island, NY where everything is expensive to begin with. Think your quotes are a little high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It truly depends on the material. That's something you would have to ask. My tint ran 300 but I upgraded my tint to resist a good amount of heat and I did my front windshield. It could have been 200 more to get the ceramic tint which resist almost all the heat. Since my parents have a weekend home out in the desert I choose the medium tier tint. If you don't care about the heat resistant tint there are groupons where you can get a basic tint with any degree of shading for 100 and the shop normally includes some sort of lifetime warranty. That has been my experience.

I Support ClubWRX
    Ceramic LLumor tint at 50% runs around $225 around my area. It's possible to get it cheaper but I prefer this shop's quality work.

I paid 336 for mine and I live in Solon, OH (right outside Cleveland). I went with the Luminar Ceramic tint 50% front and 35% on back (hatch)

Is anyone familiar with suntek window tint? I've only ever had 3M tint. I got a quote for $255 for suntek carbonXP tint.

The places that were in the mid $300s also use the computer to cut their tint. IDK if that makes a difference.

I Support ClubWRX
    Mine was just over $300 for Ceramic tint, the highest grade available at the shop. This was for 18% all the way around, and a visor. I'm out of Columbus, OH.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 15WRXNoob View Post
    Is anyone familiar with suntek window tint? I've only ever had 3M tint. I got a quote for $255 for suntek carbonXP tint.

The places that were in the mid $300s also use the computer to cut their tint. IDK if that makes a difference.
    Sorry for the double post, didn't read this till after I posted. Suntek carbonXP is what I had on one of my trucks. Great stuff and that quote sounds about right.

Next, computer cutting makes a huge difference. It is much more precise than hand cutting tint.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

The difference between hand cut and computer cut seems to be right under $100. Id be willing to spend the money if it made a huge difference. But Ive had handcut tint in the past and it seemed to look fine.

Also, is there a big difference between the carbon and the ceramic tint?

I did mine with Solarguard, all windows for $200 plus front top for extra $20 in Canada. 15% all around

Quote Originally Posted by 15WRXNoob View Post

Suntek makes quality tints. So does Llumar, 3M, Huper Optik ($$$$) and few others. There are other not well known brands but for the most part as long as you're not buying some cheap knock off's and 2nd quality tint on eBay you should be fine. Computer cutting basically cuts down on the time of unrolling the film and cutting to size. In a sense it's more accurate piece by piece when you let the computer do it for obvious reasons.

Price is going to vary especially if it's an actual legit shop with quality tint it will cost you more. Ceramic of course will cost more than your regular dyed tint but it's the best for the most heat rejetion.

Quality of the ceramic tint will vary between brands and what the tint actually offer.

I paid $50 for the tint off ebay ..Precut fitted perfectly . I have a friend who does tinting for Audi do put the tint on.. was very happy with the results.
    i did 5% on the back window and rear doors and 25% on the front doors (per texas law)

Just got mine done with Huper Optik Ceramic 15% rear, 30% fronts for $200.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0319.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	106.9 KB 
ID:	160233
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0330.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	115.3 KB 
ID:	160225

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.