2004 hid upgrade not legal?

This is a discussion on 2004 hid upgrade not legal? within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i have a 2004 wrx i got used kinda regretting that now. I got the car for a dealer a ...

2004 hid upgrade not legal?

i have a 2004 wrx i got used kinda regretting that now. I got the car for a dealer a year ago the did an inspection on it it pass ofc just fine. this year i went back to get reinspected they said my head lights failed who ever owned it before me put the hid kit in they said the light beam was not right and was not able to be adjusted. how hard will it be to convert back to the regular bulbs? i live in pa if that helps at all

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Look at your lights. Are the housing fittings still intact? Are the correct connectors still in place? If yes, it's trivial. If not, it's a splice-and-solder question at minimum.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

honestly i dont know what the stock should look like

I Support ClubWRX
    Can you post a pic of the headlights from the front as well as the connectors inside the engine bay. Though just a guess from your avitar it looks like a plug n play kit which you then just need to buy some halogens and aim them.
    the 04-05 have reflector bowls so if someone were to put an "ebay hid kit" the light output would look something like this

HID in a reflector headlight (light goes everywhere)

Stock Hedlight

This is an HID retorfit notice the projector in the low beam side

This is what an proper HID out put should look like.
    HID in a HID projector (sharp cut off line even spread of light)

Last edited by cflip2x; 06-16-2014 at 07:12 PM.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

looks liek the first one

I Support ClubWRX
    Take pics of the connectors inside your engine bay and post some pics hopefully you can just install halogen bulbs
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

having problems getting pics from phone

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140616_221259.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	153593Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140616_221248.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	153601Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140616_221310.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	125.4 KB 
ID:	153609

well that didnt go as planed