What wheel width shouls I get for this 18" wheels
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on What wheel width shouls I get for this 18" wheels within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Already do research on the forum, couldn't find an answer for my question so I'm gonna post it up here. ...

Question What wheel width shouls I get for this 18" wheels

Already do research on the forum, couldn't find an answer for my question so I'm gonna post it up here.

I'm thinking about getting a set of 18" Enkei Kojin for my 2009 WRX sedan but I'm not sure to get the 18x8.5 or 18x9.5 set. They are both +45 offset. Its the only offset available for 5x100 lug patten
    I think I will run 235/40/18 with the 8.5 or 245/40/18 with the 9.5 set.

I'm still on stock height, might be lower on coils later on this year. fenders are NOT rolled YET. willing to roll a little bit if I have to.

Bonus: this is what happened to my cheap ass Konig when I hit something metal on highway doing 70mph(those weird red color is overspray plasti dip) pictures is off the front wheel, the back one also bent

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'd vote 8.5 with the bigger tires. Those are my wheel specs and they look good on my wide body (2011). I'd think they would look even better on a 2009. Also, you may not need to do any rolling.

What you think about TSW Tanaka 18x8.5 +35offset? can't find any picture of them on Subie on internet???? those are forged wheels for about $200 more compare to Enkei Kojin cast wheels

I went with 18x8 wheels 45+mm (Bremmer Kraft BR10) and am lowered 1.2" on Eibach Pro Kit springs with a 08 WRX. I'm running 235/40/18 and had slight fender rub in which I had to roll my fronts even though people said I wouldn't have too. Glad I didn't go any wider.. stock height you can get away with it but definitely not on coils. So most likely you will have to roll, but it seems you are fine with that. NASIOC has a great wheel thread for our body's.. I will post it below. They answered a lot of my questions and will help you out too. Good luck!

The 08-10 WRX (non STi) 17"/18" wheels thread - NASIOC

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch08WRX View Post
    I went with 18x8 wheels 45+mm (Bremmer Kraft BR10) and am lowered 1.2" on Eibach Pro Kit springs with a 08 WRX. I'm running 235/40/18 and had slight fender rub in which I had to roll my fronts even though people said I wouldn't have too. Glad I didn't go any wider.. stock height you can get away with it but definitely not on coils. So most likely you will have to roll, but it seems you are fine with that. NASIOC has a great wheel thread for our body's.. I will post it below. They answered a lot of my questions and will help you out too. Good luck!

The 08-10 WRX (non STi) 17"/18" wheels thread - NASIOC
    Thank you so much for your advise. Did my research on the topic above and finally decide to get the Enkei 18x8.5 +45. Fitted perfectly with stock height. will update pictures soon

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.