13 wrx getting sunspots?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 13 wrx getting sunspots? within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys I went out to wash my car today and I noticed these spots on my hood. I counted ...

13 wrx getting sunspots?

Hey guys I went out to wash my car today and I noticed these spots on my hood. I counted about 7-10 spots not all of them were as perfect of a circle as this one.

Any idea what's going on? Are they from sitting in the sun?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have those on my doors, and I suspect brake dust being the culprit!

Sent from my Nexus 4

Idk about brake dust, mine are on the top of my hood. I'm bringing it into the dealer tomo to have them look at it.

Keep me posted please! I'm curious to know.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Yea me too cuz I washed it pretty good today and the spots stayed. It looks like it's through the clear coat.

I would do a good clay bar and wax then see if it removes it. Are the spots in the area of a clear bra if you have one installed? If so could be rock chips in the clear bra the have a bunch of dirt stuck to it. Keep us posted.
    2014 Subaru WRX
    Torqued Performance Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #0022
    Build Thread
    First Mods, what to do and not to do

Nope no clear bra, theyre closer to the windshield. I only use mothers wash/wax soap then Mcguires spray on wax maybe that's the problem from not properly waxing it? I wash and spray on wax it ever 2/3 weeks.

i had this too not long after I bought it new, used a clay bar and its all better now
    2013 WRX Premium SWP HB Stage 2
    1976 Corvette Stingray black
    2008 WRX Basic CBS HB TRADED IN
    2002 WRX Basic WRB SOLD

I have the the same issue. I've used a clay bar but it did nothing. Then sometime later, they just disappeared but would return in other areas. They almost look like little round rust spots, but of course, it's not rust.
    Let me know what the dealer says.
    Purchased 7/17/13: 2013 WRX Limited- satin pearl white: short throw shifter, Perrin cat-back, and some other stuff. ;-)

Yup looks exactly like rust. I'm going into the dealer in an hr or so and ill get aback to everyone

That's rail dust. When cars get transported on railroads and the train hits its brakes it kicks up little bits of metal that basically sit on your paint. Eventually they rust and that's what causes the discoloration. Little bit of elbow grease and some clay bar then they'll go away.
    2014 DGM Sedan

Stink Eye Mob #228

Just got back from the dealer. The service manager said the spots were most likely cause by acidic rain and it is perfectly "normal".
    I told him that I've never had that happen to any of my previous older cars and he didn't say anything.
    He said that he'll take pictures and email them to soa but ill most likely get denied. So I guess ill find out in a few days

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.