05 wrx splitter issues with Seibon CF hood
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 05 wrx splitter issues with Seibon CF hood within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I bought a Grimmspeed STI splitter (04/05) for my 2005 WRX with a seibon CF hood and am having issues ...

MTM

05 wrx splitter issues with Seibon CF hood

I bought a Grimmspeed STI splitter (04/05) for my 2005 WRX with a seibon CF hood and am having issues with figuring out how the hell it bolts up. I thought I had an STI scoop but apparently I dont. So i have removed the scoop to fit the splitter until I get the STI one (its already on its way, have a buddy who had an extra one)

BUT STILL no go. The bolts dont even line up close. Is this an issue with the hood? Do I need to drill the Seibon hood to accommodate the splitter? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

pictures please? Do you have a stock hood for hole placement comparison?
    David - '05 WRX

MTM
    I called grimmspeed. They said no CF hoods will be a bolt on affair with a splitter. So I have to decide if I want to hack up this hood. Which I may, or if I try and swap this hood with a stock one. No one wants to trade and I cant find any for sale at a reasonable price. So I may just drill holes in it and bolt it up. Im about function over styling anyways. (I didnt buy this hood it was on it when I got the car.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.