05 wrx splitter issues with Seibon CF hood

This is a discussion on 05 wrx splitter issues with Seibon CF hood within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I bought a Grimmspeed STI splitter (04/05) for my 2005 WRX with a seibon CF hood and am having issues ...

MTM

05 wrx splitter issues with Seibon CF hood

I bought a Grimmspeed STI splitter (04/05) for my 2005 WRX with a seibon CF hood and am having issues with figuring out how the hell it bolts up. I thought I had an STI scoop but apparently I dont. So i have removed the scoop to fit the splitter until I get the STI one (its already on its way, have a buddy who had an extra one)

BUT STILL no go. The bolts dont even line up close. Is this an issue with the hood? Do I need to drill the Seibon hood to accommodate the splitter? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

pictures please? Do you have a stock hood for hole placement comparison?
    David - '05 WRX

MTM
    I called grimmspeed. They said no CF hoods will be a bolt on affair with a splitter. So I have to decide if I want to hack up this hood. Which I may, or if I try and swap this hood with a stock one. No one wants to trade and I cant find any for sale at a reasonable price. So I may just drill holes in it and bolt it up. Im about function over styling anyways. (I didnt buy this hood it was on it when I got the car.