Custom license plate delete
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Custom license plate delete within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Does anyone have any info on making custom license plate deletes? Either through a website or info on how I ...

Does anyone have any info on making custom license plate deletes? Either through a website or info on how I could do it myself?

Any help would be appreciated 😊
    Thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well it depends on what you are talking about. Do you mean the front license plate relocator? If so, I would recommend the Grimmspeed one, its the one that I have, and I love it! It allows you to move your license plate around in dozens of different positions to give you the look that you want. Perrin also makes one, but I do not like it as much because it does not give you the option to move it around in different locations. Here is a pic of mine:

Now if you mean the plate that covers the holes where the license plate screws into your front bumper, there a lot of different options. Perrin, grimmspeed, cobb, etc. all make one. I have the Perrin one. pic:
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-maniac View Post
    Now if you mean the plate that covers the holes where the license plate screws into your front bumper, there a lot of different options. Perrin, grimmspeed, cobb, etc. all make one. I have the Perrin one. pic:

I'm talking about this but I wanna make my own.

Nice ride btw 👍

I Support ClubWRX
    If you don't have a shop that you can work metal on your own (this would be a very easy piece to make if you did, but I don't think you would be asking us if you did), then there are a few companies that might be able to help you out. I am pretty sure that Kartboy does custom engravings (at least i know they CAN), and if you ask they would probably do it for you. Lathewerks does this as well, and I am sure he would have no problem doing a simple plate delete. You will be paying a hefty price for these though. You might just swing into a local machine shop and see if they could fab one up for you.

I Support ClubWRX
    Draw one on a PC and have someone 3D print it
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cflip2x View Post
    Draw one on a PC and have someone 3D print it
    Most 3D print plastics don't hold up well to UV and heat, since most printing technologies extrude hot plastic out of a nozzle (like a glue gun), and higher end machines will UV cure it after extrusion. This inherently makes them susceptible to degradation in an outdoor environment, although it would look nice for a while.

Metal printing would be ridiculously expensive compared to laser cut or water jetted sheet metal. If you want metal, your best bet is to find a water jet shop (typically lower cost than laser, and good enough resolution for what you'll need), but you're still looking in the $150+ range since it's a one-off, and most shops have programming fees for setting up the first CNC cut. Obviously, the more you buy, the cheaper they get, since it's easy to duplicate the part once programmed. You'd probably also want to powder-coat it, for durability.

Another option: my wife could make you a custom die cut vinyl for that space. Just get a flat image file of what you want, and it would be die-cut out of automotive-grade viynl, which is UV resistant. It will hold up for years of abuse, even with car washes/road grime/extreme weather/etc.
    Last edited by Rambo; 06-02-2014 at 09:52 AM.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

MTM
    I can cut pretty much anything you want and Powder Coat it. Then you could add a decal or whatever. I could cut out letters but that may be a little to small since we have a CNC plasma not laser.

Check out @billetworkz on instagram and they have a site too. Idk if he does custom but lots of the deletes look good.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sal.LV93 View Post
    Check out @billetworkz on instagram and they have a site too. Idk if he does custom but lots of the deletes look good.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk
    Thanks man I've been looking for something like this!

Another option would be custom carbon and vinyl. I ordered a carbon fiber delete for him and hope to get it soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I used billetworkz and i love mine!!

When did we stop being who we want to be, and start being the person the world told us to be...

Stink Eye Mob #801
    Instagram: Infamouszoltan
    InfamousZoltanSTi

Wow, that look amazing!

Thanks!!
    Check them out.
    They are super easy to work with!
    When did we stop being who we want to be, and start being the person the world told us to be...

Stink Eye Mob #801
    Instagram: Infamouszoltan
    InfamousZoltanSTi

MTM
    lazer... jelly.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.