Looking for a thread. Need help

This is a discussion on Looking for a thread. Need help within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey all. Ive searched and searched and probably overlooked what I was looking for lol. I once seen on this ...

Registered User chrismartin3391's Avatar

Looking for a thread. Need help

Hey all. Ive searched and searched and probably overlooked what I was looking for lol. I once seen on this site a guy that did his front WRX emblem in red reflective tape. I really liked the way it looked and wanted to do it myself. I cant seem to find his thread though. Any help would be appreciated!
    RIP Paul. You will be missed

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    You mean this one?

Reflective Grill Bagde $10 HOW-TO

Here's what I searched in Google: "wrx reflective site:clubwrx.net"
    It was the first result at the top.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Never thought to use Google! ::::hand to face::: Thank you!

I Support ClubWRX
    No problem. Google's "site" search feature is much more powerful than the forum search function. I tend to find items much faster that way.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

thanks for the info. Ill start using that instead!

I Support ClubWRX
    I did something similar (though not as clean) but I though about getting red metalcast and spraying the badge to give it a red tint. May not be reflective but another idea.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Quote Originally Posted by cflip2x View Post
    I did something similar (though not as clean) but I though about getting red metalcast and spraying the badge to give it a red tint. May not be reflective but another idea.
    Got a pic?

I Support ClubWRX

and you can see how its curling up on the edges and the reflective pin strip is wearing away I replaced that but still have the WRX outline

Last edited by cflip2x; 05-29-2014 at 12:13 PM.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Doesnt look bad. I do really like how the other way reflects. I think thats neat and you dont see it a lot. I got to looking at the badge in the front and seen how it was attached. Im afraid if I pull it off Ill break it lol. Whats the best easiest way to get the badge off the front of the car without breaking anything?

I Support ClubWRX
    I did it while it was still on the car. I dont think there is really an easy way. You may be able to reach your hand from the back and bend the metal clip devices that hold it on there. I used a piece of paper and did a rubbing of the letters put it over the reflective sticker and just cut each letter out.

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Ill try that then. I have what appears to be three plastic circular clips that hold mine in. Looks like some of those parts that when you take it apart you have to get new ones cause theyre made to break lol..