Roof Rack...Hitch... - Yes, I Know...SEARCH!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Roof Rack...Hitch... - Yes, I Know...SEARCH! within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi. I know how it goes. Now, I've read through the official thread, seen the others, etc. What I am ...

Roof Rack...Hitch... - Yes, I Know...SEARCH!

Hi.

I know how it goes.

Now, I've read through the official thread, seen the others, etc. What I am looking for is basically a poll, or at least informed opinions, of some possibilities.

Here's some background:

2014 WRX Wagon (no rack stuff at all)
    2013 VW Golf (Thule Roof Rack, Thule Aero Bars, Thule Fairing, Rocky Mounts for bikes, 1up Racks for bikes, ski mounts)

Now, I like our VW setup, and it's possible that I could buy new feet and stick it on the Subaru and then install a hitch on the VW and stick a bike rack on the back. Then I'd have racks on both cars. BUT...

What do you guys think of the stock Subaru roof rack compared to the big aftermarket players?

Alternatively, those of you who have installed hitches for racks, etc...what has your experience been like?

Let me know if I missed something...I'm just looking for informed opinions. If I annoyed you by posting the same old questions everyone else did...accept my apologies and move on...nothing to see here...

THANKS!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Bump. Thanks for any help!

I personally went with the oem racks just because i like the way they look, and were a lot cheaper than thule or yakima while the fit was perfect and installation was straight forward.
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ
    Invidia Catless Downpipe, Custom Short Ram Intake, Self Tuned Using ECU Flash, Romraider and Tactrix

Quote Originally Posted by anpato View Post
    I personally went with the oem racks just because i like the way they look, and were a lot cheaper than thule or yakima while the fit was perfect and installation was straight forward.
    And how are they holding up for you?

And does anybody have any useful experiences they want to share about installing hitches?

Quote Originally Posted by sliphorn View Post
    And how are they holding up for you?

And does anybody have any useful experiences they want to share about installing hitches?
    They're holding up really well, the bars are aluminum and when they get scratched i just plasti dip them.
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ
    Invidia Catless Downpipe, Custom Short Ram Intake, Self Tuned Using ECU Flash, Romraider and Tactrix

I did a lot of research a few months ago when I decided I needed a bike rack to haul around my bikes (and the other riders who carpooled with me). A good option I've heard of is the inno roof rack, I also know that the OEM bars will work with thule cross bars (I could be wrong though, if someone can chime in and correct me that'd be great).

Personally I went and got a used set of Yakima parts on Ebay (Yakima is really expensive brand new) and it's held up amazingly well with 3 trips to LA with up to 2 bikes on the top. I can post pics the next time I have it on since I just left the landing pads attached.

Personally, I have always used receiver hitch bike racks. I installed the EcoHitch on my 2015 and it and all went as planned. Great fit, great design. Give it a shot, it's a great option to a roof rack.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.