Light that turns on when unlocking vehicle
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Light that turns on when unlocking vehicle within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello everyone! So, I have a 2012 WRX sedan. I'm going to install some LED on the exterior of the ...

Light that turns on when unlocking vehicle

Hello everyone!

So, I have a 2012 WRX sedan.

I'm going to install some LED on the exterior of the car.

What I'm wondering is that if there is anyway I can wire the LEDs so that when I unlock the car they already turn on. Just like the interior lights. When you unlock the car they tun on.

The problem when wiring them with the interior lights is that after turning the car on the LEDs turn off unless you keep the interior lights on, what is something I really don't want to do.

Does anybody know a way around this? How can I wire the LEDs?

Thanks a lot everybody for the help

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I think that there is a way: If you connect a simple circuit (as in this link:

Basic Electronics Tutorial 10 - Transistors Part 1 - PNP and NPN on Vimeo

) to the door unlocking circuit, you should be able to charge an electrolytic capacitor with the unlock circuit connection. This charged capacitor will close a circuit (by applying a gate voltage on a transistor) that turns on a light, keeping the light on for an amount of time dependent upon the gate-leakage current of the transistor and the capacitance of the capacitor.
    David - '05 WRX

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.